The Dangers of owning a burmese python

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Stupid me!!!!

I should have known better, but Binos water bowl was empty and dirty when she had got the substrate in it!

So i opened her tank - now usually i wait for her to come to me, but NOPE! probably coz ive been a bit under the weather i didnt think. I went straite in with my arm.

STUPID STUPID MISTAKE!!!

Not only did she strike at me BUT she got me!!! yup! got me and started to wrap around my arm! Luckily George was in the room. I screamed ( shock) he managed to get her off me and she let go - thankfully.
As soon she let go i could see blood, so went to clean it. WOW! already had bruising and lots of puncture marks!

cleaned and wrapped up for now until bleeding stops! will add some piccies for you later.
Shes never gone for me before and i only fed her a couple of days ago.

so NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THEM!!!

Some photos :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-2442689042.jpg
    image-2442689042.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image-2625903822.jpg
    image-2625903822.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image-296719702.jpg
    image-296719702.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 30
  • image-2963272517.jpg
    image-2963272517.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image-3211248309.jpg
    image-3211248309.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image-868887072.jpg
    image-868887072.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 24
Gods sake Linny, and you introduced this one to me, - and I thought you liked me LOL

hope all is well, good healing,
Wheelo

But but but she is a lully girl - usually lol
I had a blonde moment at the time - infact had a blonde day :(

Ouch!!!!!
Hope you are ok Linny. :)
Maybe she was just hungry? LOL (sorry Linny, couldn't resist)

Sneaky Snake, I hope you recover quickly Linny (y)

[video=youtube;5W1QLA-pp34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1QLA-pp34&feature=related[/video]

She got you good linny, lucky there was someone their to help!
yes lucky george was on the phone to his g/f when i screamed lol!
Maybe she was just hungry? (sorry Linny, couldn't resist)
Haha i did only feed her 2 days b4 lol!
Oh my god i actually watched all of that video!
- so did i lol
arm is a bit sore this morning and well as i dont heal very well will take a good week or so for bruising to go down - im sure more bruising will come out today!

Thinks maybe when i go away in may i might just take her to my local rep shop rather than leave her with George - just to be on the safe side incase she gets pmt again lol!
OMG Linny that looks nasty,i hope you are ok
Yes im fine thanks Ally - and the rest of you - dont panic! but a lesson learnt - Dont try and give her fresh water without giving her plenty of pre warning!!

Last edited:
Hope it's not too sore, she got you good!.

I was working at a customers house yesterday and they had 2 bearded dragons, the tank had a load of noisy crickets in it too lol, they let me have a hold of one, I didn't realise they felt so prickly with sharp nails, I wanted to take one home lol.

, I didn't realise they felt so prickly with sharp nails, I wanted to take one home .
aawww They are such cuties! Go on Get one!!!!
taking ibuprofen tabs to ease the pain but as its your arm it sort of aches more! Luckily it was my right arm and im left handed :)

I didn't realise they felt so prickly with sharp nails, I wanted to take one home
I hadn't realised either the texture of their skin, but didn't make me want one, though if I ever want rid of the little princess, I know what to do LOL

Arm is on the mend brusing showing its colours :)
It only hurts when i touch it! Underside is not as bad as top.
Must admit coz it hurt saturday i was a bit worried about falling on it when i went skating - but i survived- for 50 out of the 60 minutes and gave up lol. Confidence was a bit low

Attachments

• image-4011735852.jpg
    image-4011735852.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image-3448897500.jpg
    image-3448897500.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 30
oh Aally i bruise easily and it take an age to disappear, but thanks. i look like someone has beaten me up :(

She is being a bit of a wotsite atm - wants to come out - sticks her head out and goes back.
Think its this change in weather that is upsetting these poor animals, they all are acting a bit strange. Even the crickets for some reason this week are getting out and making lost of noise- found them all over the house! 1 is hiding in the boys bathroom upstairs lol!

Flippin hell Linny, that's a whopper, but usually that means it is on the mend when you have a bruise like that. How are you getting on at the skating?? got the hang of it??
And as for the loose insects, that would be a red card around here LOL

haha wheelo lol! yes arm is getting better. Skating is going well although last saturday i was a bit scared of falling incae i hurt my arm! Now ive got a bit of a secret for you - watch sports releif on saturday - NO you wont see me BUT!!!

Very cryptic young linny, what you got going on?? what time? I can't watch it all, I have a short attention span for that type of thing, I could however turn on my UK mobile and you could text me at the right time (and it would cost you the same as to text any other Vodafone UK customer) (y)

Back