Thinking of buying as upgrade from F5s

Hey everyone,
I am pretty new to all this, i am pretty good a working tech out and stuff like this usually.
Just looking for some advice on getting one of these boxes.
I have a N line gift will it work ok on this box?
Does the box just connect up just like a F5s box? ie the cables
I have read up on sucmnsee's Vix thing and i think i can work that out. Is it really hard to do?
Do i need to buy an external HDD to record channels? and if i do what is the best option?
Where is best place to buy one?

Thanks for any help and advice.

current gift will work
No, this is a twin cable box, so will need 2 sat cables
Using one of Sucmnsee's image will save you hrs in setup time and good for newbies
Can use external HDD or USB pen to record channels, most prefer hard drive i think
Can buy anywhere -well known sites

I have two cables coming off my dish. I used to have sly+HD.
Will it still work ok?
I will look at HDD will external powered or USB powered be best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have plus so have a dish with double cable coming off it. Is that going to work?
Is a USB power HDD or one you plug in better?

I have a v8 combo it is worth the money however finding a up to date channel list was a nightmare. but this site was the best helped me out

I have a dish that has a double cable coming from it that i used to use when i had sly+. Will this be ok?
Is a HDD powered by USB or by a plug best?

Cables will be fine i have a 4gb usb in back for epg and a a 64 gb usb for recording you will need a bigger 1 if you are going to download loads of films from kodi But i find 64gb is plenty

Thanks Tich
I have a few 8GB USB flash drives i could use for epg, could get another if they are no good.
I wont be downloading films i do that on my PC :whistling: just want to be able to record TV really. I am sure my missus will record alot so not sure on what size would be best.

8 gb is more than enough for epg On the boxes you have Kodi , xmbc, iptv So you can watch films direct from the box if you are not blocked by your isp provider ie Sky, Virgin Im with post office so no problem You can download the films direct to your box If you are going to do that you will need a bigger hardrive A powered one places less strain on the box
Some people use 500 gb / 1tb it is totaly up to you

I will just be using the box to watch and record TV.
Dont think i will use it for anything else.
I might get a 500GB internal HDD and get a caddy for it but would be USB powered.
Cant seem to find external HDD that are powered with a plug

Can recommend using Sucmnsee 165 back up image will save you a lot of time

Just had a brain wave and remembered I had an old sky+HD box so striped it and took the 500GB HDD out of it. Just need an enclosure for it [emoji106]

Just had a brain wave and remembered I had an old sky+HD box so striped it and took the 500GB HDD out of it. Just need an enclosure for it [emoji106]

Amazoon. Cit enclosure. Make sure u get the 3.5" one.
recycling ;)
God knows how many of those have been binned with perfectly good hdds. Thats what boh my 500 gb are :)

I ordered an enclosure off eBay. Them Cit ones do look better though damn it haha.
Just came to me that I could just use the HDD out of that [emoji106]

Had mine all working a couple of days now thanks everybody for the help [emoji106]
Got to set another one up next week for one of my mates though now lol

do sly still own the HD boxes????? are them HDD easy to strip out and are they easy to put back in if needed??? i might do the same but worried incase i ever need to reconnect it lol

Back