thinking of buying this box

Hi, I'm a current And new skybox f5s user and I think I need a better box for better all round performance and what I read is a much better EPG. My box at the price I'm likely to pay is almost certainly a clone, but I don't intend on messing with it to much as I assume the images are incremental updates and sticking with a few months older version won't cause to many problems?
My next question is would it be possible to set this box up with a TV at my work with no sat dish, obviously I know I won't be able to watch any TV channels on it but will it be on to run it to familiarize myself with menus maybe practice adding some lines work out the ftp protocol for it and run thru installs in case I ever to want to tinker a little ect.
I'm not a quick learner lol so would be good to get my head round a new, more challenging, box before I discard to f5s when my lines run out on that.
Thanks for reading and look forward to any help :)

Your can't use any sat box without a dish or save ya money unless you like SD channels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I know I can't use it for TV viewing, the SD is not such a biggie. But will it not even boot and let me play with settings ect if its not attached to dish?

Last edited:
Thanks for your input, I think maybe I wasn't clear in my question before and that's why satman misunderstood my question, I have a tendency to digress somewhat.
Thanks again :)

god help you if you buy a clone,notorious for dieing,others have bought the solo2 clone think over 100,000 got bricked with other clone boxes in the easter batter clone weekend,solo/uno and mini icloud ,2 and 3.

Back