Thinking of flashing wooshbuild v6

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi

I'm thinking of flashing the latest wooshbuild on my zgemma h2s as it seems to be most popular build out there.

Currently I have a back up image of openatv 5.3. I've got a 2tb hard drive connected with a lot of recordings I don't want to lose if a flash the wooshbuild. If I did flash the wooshbuild and "intialised" my hard drive when connected it back with the new image on it, would/could that erase my existing recordings on my HDD?

I basically would like to upgrade to wooshbuild the easiest possibly way without losing my recording on the HDD.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

There are two ways to do it
You can either flash from scratch using basebuild, this does ask if you want to initalise the drive, so just put no.
Or cos you already running open atv you could just add the wb6 zip file to your image file on your hdd and flash local

There are two ways to do it
You can either flash from scratch using basebuild, this does ask if you want to initalise the drive, so just put no.
Or cos you already running open atv you could just add the wb6 zip file to your image file on your hdd and flash local

This is just what I wanted to hear! My laptop is pretty much obsolete and was thinking I won't be able to flash without the Lappy. So do i put the unzipped file in which folder on my hardrive? And if possible let me know which menus to navigate through the box menus to flash local.

Kind regards

Just ftp the unzipped zgemma folder to hdd

Then on box

Blue Button > Software Manager > Flash Online/Local press blue button for local tehn yellow for devices choose your storage device goto the zgemma folder then h3 folder and high-lite kernel press green to flash.

Last edited:
Just ftp the unzipped zgemma folder to hdd

Then on box

Blue Button > Software Manager > Flash Online/Local press blue button for local tehn yellow for devices choose your storage device goto the zgemma folder then high lite the h3 folder and press green to flash.

There's a existing zgemma folder already on the hardrive...should I delete that one first and then copy the zgemma folder from wooshbuild ? Or will it just overwrite the existing folder when I copy it over?

Attachments

• IMG_7195.PNG
    IMG_7195.PNG
    88 KB · Views: 42
Hi

Just flashed latest wooshbuild online.

Is it possible to put slyk skin on this build? For some reason I thought it would be in the skin set up screen.

Thanks

Yea of course
Change the box to default skin
Head over to kiddac site
Install
Restart box
Go to the skin menu and select skin
Restart gui

Whoosh is openatv, And I think kiddac skin works with most of the firmware for these boxes
Pli I'm not so sure about

Back