Thinking of getting Blade Media 7000S but have questions

PartyBoy

I'm not new to 'special boxes' having owned/flashed/entered keys for a Eurovox back in the days of Nag2 with virgin cable. Now that's not an option I'm thinking of going the sat route.

I already have FreeSat installed and fully functional with a 4 LNB feeding 3 rooms (1 room has a twin tuner box).

So can someone confirm that what I propose is 'do-able'

1 - The Freesat dish is pointed at Astra 2E?? So no dish re-alignment will be necessary to receive Sky channels?

2 - The cabling is already in place, so it would just be a case of swapping the freesat boxes (Humax) with the Blade 7000S 's ?

3 - I notice the Blade series has a box with dual tuner (sat/freeview), is there plans to release a dual sat tuner? At the moment would I only be able to watch/record 1 channel with the Blade sat box? Or is the dual sat tuner (dual cable input) for those who wish to take feeds from 2 separate dishes?

4 - I understand the sensitivity of discussion relating to obtaining channels, so will try to word my question correctly. I have read terms such as ncam and cccam and cline and I have absolutely no idea what they mean, what they are, what they do, and if I need them?

5 - Lastly, should I decide to go ahead with the above, can you suggest any reputable sellers for boxes such as this, since when I bought the Eurovox many moons ago, there was much talk of cloned boxes. Are fake/cloned boxes still a problem to look out for?

I mod on a totally unrelated forum so I know that occasionally people can get a bit p1ssed with the same basic questions (basic to non-noobs anyway), so please don't get me wrong...I don't expect hand holding at every turn, but would really appreciate some pointers to information where I can learn for myself what I need to know and what I need to do.

moved from kryptview forum to Blade satellite forums

there is a lot of info in this section (stickied threads) that might get you started and someone in the know will answer the other questions you have,

Blade Media Satellite.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think I've got to grips with question number 4, but any help with the other q's would be appreciated folks

Back