Hardlink to Timeshift Failure

Format your usb and re-initialise it ... once you've done this, check all your mount locations.

stick it in your pc right click on it in my computer and click format then once done put it back in the zgemma

menu > setup > system > storage devices > initialisation

red button > plugins > mount manager then check mount location is media / hdd

menu > find recordings and timeshift and go into it and make sure save location is media / hdd for both then do same for epg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just do as instructed first and see how it goes as you may not need to change anything else :)

Well I stuck it in my laptop and it's recognised a storage device but there seems to be no way of formatting it.
Toshiba 1TB USB drive into a Toshiba Skullcandy laptop.

In My Computer / This PC on laptop, the USB device should be visible - right click on it and should be an option to format.

Put the usb stick into your laptop, go to start/mycomputer, click on that, you should then see the usb stick with a drive number next to it, righthand click on it, then format the stick

may not need to format the drive as that will erase anything that is on it, try checking the mount 1st (if using ATV press menu/info panel/plugins/mount manager...mount needs to be set to media/hdd IF its anything other press the green button to setup mounts then use the direction pad on remote to change it to hdd then save & reboot box. IF this doesnt work initialise the drive (menu/setup/system/storage device/inisialisation). IF both these two ways fail then try formatting into NTFS on a PC & then do the above steps

Last edited:
I've tried it on 2 computers and there is nowhere I can find how to format itIMG_1032.JPG This is all I ge
t..

What screen are you on there? My Computer / This PC doesn't usually show a picture of a mouse / cables :confused:

not contradicting those who have posted but have you checked the mount as in my previous post?
formatting should only be needed IF the drive is NEW to the box or the drive has failed & producing errors...most other times its simply lost its mount location!

checking/resetting the mount should be your 1st step!

Strange. The drive is recognised by the Zgemma OK, It's recorded loads of programmes that I never told it to !
Still getting the same message 'Creating hardlink failure'
Trying to Timeshift doesn't work , I just get a cross in the top right corner.

if its recorded things you havnt asked it to then it raises the question...did you use someones backup image? it may have their series recordings still set in the timer when they made the backup, in this case your box will continue to record those progs.

Timeshift & recording are generally related to the hdd mount &/or timeshift/recording settings within the menu

The settings are exactly as per post 4; that was the first thing I did.
The message still keeps popping up all the time but I can timeshift and I can record.
I deleted about 50 things that had been recorded and that seems to be stable so far.
I can't find a way to get to scheduling recordings . I can't go left to get onto it.

They may be as per post #4 now and that's why timeshift and recordings now work as they wasn't back in post #16 so that's good.

To find your scheduled recordings, you simply press the TIMER button on remote and it shows you all the recordings you have scheduled.

Progress, albeit sideways.
I downloaded a program called Mini Tool Partition Wizard ( Free) which enabled me to format the USB hard drive as EXT 3.
I now have this message and now cannot record or timeshift. Grrrrr
22139891_10214854312814554_1277227608_o.jpg

Nobody any ideas ?
This message shows even when the hard drive is plugged out when I try to record.

Back