This is Ridiculous !!

Do you have a hard drive or another USB stick plugged into the back?
If you do unplug it and use the front port to try flashing again.
Have seen a few posts where having a USB stick or drivevplugged in the back stopped the box flashing at all

Unfortunately every USB stick goes straight to boot, and doesn't flash.

---------- Post Merged at 06:46 PM ----------

Do you have a hard drive or another USB stick plugged into the back?
If you do unplug it and use the front port to try flashing again.
Have seen a few posts where having a USB stick or drivevplugged in the back stopped the box flashing at all

No other USB devices connected, I've even disconnected everything apart from single USB and tried front and rear port.

Thanks for all the advice so far from everyone.

I've had enough for tonight (second day of trying to resolve this).

A parting question is it worth me downloading the sucumnsee stuff?

Thanks for all the advice so far from everyone.

I've had enough for tonight (second day of trying to resolve this).

A parting question is it worth me downloading the sucumnsee stuff?

Tried ringing you on whatsapp twice but no answer so will try tomorrow afternoon now.

Other option is to flash BaseBuild from the USB stick via the menus to flash locally. I don't know where it is in Vix though. Probably in the system menu with everything else lmao

With openATV it is Blue button -> Flash online / Local - and then select device and navigate right through to the rootfs.bin file in the h3 folder.

It won't solve why you can't boot from USB though.

For vix it needs to be in media/hdd/imagebackups in a zipfile then menu, setup, vix image manager blue to restore

Might I suggest something to you? Take up Beni's offer, he will talk you through it.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

For vix it needs to be in media/hdd/imagebackups in a zipfile then menu, setup, vix image manager blue to restore

can the zip file be called anything DS or is it zgemma.zip ??

Is the zgemma folder the first thing you see when opening the zip file? Sounds complicated, good old vix

I didn't try to use anything what I did with my vix backup images in imagemanager I changed the name of the default name from there so every time I did a backup it was called dsayers2014openvixbackup then anyone could flash via imagemanager with the zipfile inside that it's just the zgemma folder.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

would it not be a better idea to move away from non supported vix?

with filezilla issue might have been no internet connection as in reboot box and router then check box ip is correct.
all you should need with filezilla client is box ip like 192.168.1.99 and lower case is root.

usb sticks like kingston cruzer or integral 8gb also work when pc has formatted to fat 32 first correct downloaded files been extracted to usb stick and follow the flashing tuts already on forum.

Wooshman was asking about reflashing vix to openatv with imagemanager because the op is having issues flashing openatv with usb

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You can just put the Woosh basebuild zip file in imagebackups folder and flash via Image Manager in ViX.

You can just put the Woosh basebuild zip file in imagebackups folder and flash via Image Manager in ViX.

I've managed to get both basebuild and Zgemma into Image Manager by using Network on my Windows 10 PC, but when I try and place them into backups I get the message that the file name is too long.
From Image Manager I tried a restore via basebuild and now I've got a message saying there is a problem with the device please reformat and start again. I've still got FTA and ViX appears to stubbornly still be there.

In the imagebackups folder on the hdd you just need BaseBuild-v4.zip - Leave it zipped, don't extract it.

Go to Menu > Setup > Vix > Image-Manager and you should see BaseBuild-v4.zip.

Highlight it and press the blue restore button.

(on a side note did you try the partition wizard method in the 'formatting drives pdf' in my sig? I've never failed to flash from usb using this method)

In the imagebackups folder on the hdd you just need BaseBuild-v4.zip - Leave it zipped, don't extract it.

Go to Menu > Setup > Vix > Image-Manager and you should see BaseBuild-v4.zip.

Highlight it and press the blue restore button.

(on a side note did you try the partition wizard method in the 'formatting drives pdf' in my sig? I've never failed to flash from usb using this method)

Sorry for the late reply, just had chance to get around to trying the method in bold and two different drives, front and rear USB ports and FLASH doesn't happen, just the normal Boot process.

I've just done a guide on how to prepare a usb drive for flashing using BOOTICE, which is a free Windows utility and needs no installation.
I've tried it on 11 different USB drives and they all worked after using this method.

Howto: Preparing USB Drives to Flash Zgemma H2S - Downloads - TechKings

That's the method I used, neither myself, or Woosh think it's the USB sticks now. I personally think that its more likely the Zgemma is somehow disabled form loading from USB, it does record to USB/external drive which proves the USB port is functional.

Maybe there is some method that the seller managed to disable loading from USB then. Not sure how because nothing is loaded at that point.
Hopefully the image-manager method will work. :whacko:

Back