Cable Thoughts ob the Zgemma H2H

g-star

Hi i was thinking of buying one of these boxes, i would like to find out off people who own one running it on cable if there any good are they worth the money, how reliable is the signal on HD channels, is there a better box than the H2H and out of the previous Zegemma models which would you say is the best?

I had the H1 which was a good box but died on me last week. Replaced it with the H2H. This is a great box. Much faster that H1. Fairly easy to set up. Terrific value for money. I don't think you could buy any better for circa £90.

I'm considering asking for a refund as the Cable side of things is nowhere near as good as my old DM800SE-C :(

All cable transponders have a uniform signal performance of 29% SNR and 10% AGC resulting in random glitching / freezing.

I'm considering asking for a refund as the Cable side of things is nowhere near as good as my old DM800SE-C :(

All cable transponders have a uniform signal performance of 29% SNR and 10% AGC resulting in random glitching / freezing.

I don't think the two are related, I have the same with no glitching or freezing.

My cable signal is fine, the Dreambox gives me perfect results but my H2H gives me glitching and stuttering even on FTA channels.

never liked them.

i prefer the h2 , i have glitching issues with all of the h2h i have bought.

a straight swap for a h2 on the same setup eliminates the glitching.

Driver issue - it's not reflecting the actual values.
That said, there are better tuners out there - the H2 had a better one if I recall. Only problem is that the H2 is much slower when compared to the H2H! I'm looking at picking up a compatible USB cable tuner and seeing how that fares.

the H2H is a very good box for the money, after handling many of these I tried an Edision mini to compare the two & am now converted to Edision as it supports ota updates & offers more features than the zgemma, Edision is about £15 more than the zgemma but both boxes are well worth a look. regarding signal quality I have read many times that the zgemma has a weak tuner but I have not had a single problem, the Edision has thrown a wobble from time to time but I still favour it over the zgemma but its a close call

the H2H is a very good box for the money, after handling many of these I tried an Edision mini to compare the two & am now converted to Edision as it supports ota updates & offers more features than the zgemma, Edision is about £15 more than the zgemma but both boxes are well worth a look. regarding signal quality I have read many times that the zgemma has a weak tuner but I have not had a single problem, the Edision has thrown a wobble from time to time but I still favour it over the zgemma but its a close call
The H2H supports OTA updates too!
It's only Vix builds which don't - but that's because they class it as a clone (A clone of what exactly?!) and don't support the Zgemma range at all. Personally, I'd use anything but Vix if that's their attitude.

never liked them.

i prefer the h2 , i have glitching issues with all of the h2h i have bought.

a straight swap for a h2 on the same setup eliminates the glitching.

I'll tinker for a few days, if things don't improve then I'll swap it for another Zgemma.

What other DVB-S/C machines are available?

If you only want a single tuner cable box, miraclebox mini hybrid
is roughly the same price as the H2 and is miles better.

H2H is a combo so if you don't use the sat tuner it's the same as a single tuner cable box.

If you only want a single tuner cable box, miraclebox mini hybrid
is roughly the same price as the H2 and is miles better.

H2H is a combo so if you don't use the sat tuner it's the same as a single tuner cable box.

I need Sat and cable mate.

H2h all the way love it more than my missus. As for the glitching i get none the signal always says 29%as its a bug but it dosent affect my picture for the money its spot on. Are you using vm bb as the splitter can affect the picture.

I'm using exactly the same setup that I use for my Dreambox, absolutely no glitching on the Dreambox.

I've tried various splitters. I've even removed the splitter altogether, it still glitches on the Free channels.

Strange mate i would send it back then as said by a few people now we have no issues with it. Might be a dodgy cable tunner.

Back