Timeout for tuner lock

Hi

I had an issue 'TIMEOUT FOR TUNER LOCK' and I was googling, there were many proposed solutions but none of the ones I found worked for me. The usual debugging was helpful enough though, so I thought I'd post this in case it helps anyone. If you follow another solution that tells you to disable a tuner, and doesn't tell you to re-enable it, then please know you will not have the abilities of a twin tuner box.

So first of all you want to check your tuner cables are set up properly, they are labelled kind of strange but they should be diagonal (bottom left empty), so only top left and bottom right filled.

Secondly you will want to check the tuner configuration, Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Tuner Configuration - Tuner A and B should be set to 28.2e

Thirdly, go back to Service Searching and then go to Signal finder - check your tuners are getting a signal. For me, Tuner B was getting nothing.

So now you hopefully know which tuner is giving you the problem. The solution to me was to simply disable Tuner A, check the signal (Tuner B was then working), restart the box, enable Tuner A - now both tuners worked.

Even if that doesn't solve it for you, you should now hopefully know which Tuner is giving you a problem, and you should be confident that your set up is correct so you can start working towards a different fix.

Hope this helps someone.

Back