TM-Nano-3T vs Vu+ Duo2

carlozdre

I've asked a guy to align the dish for me (don't have everything yet but will do it next week), he asked about the set-up, told him about the VU+ Duo2 I will be buying.

He kept saying it's rubbish as the software freezes, and recommended TM-Nano-3T, which he was saying is half the price. Doesn't look like it really but a £80 difference.

What are you thoughts? What is important to me:

- reliability
- remote control feel
- ease of navigation in the menus
- EPG speed, speed of switching channels

Technomate is ugly as **** as well lol.

Last edited:
I have the TM-TWIN-OE and would have it any day over a Duo.

The Nano is even better than my TWIN in specs etc, so a no brainer really.

I've asked a guy to align the dish for me (don't have everything yet but will do it next week), he asked about the set-up, told him about the VU+ Duo2 I will be buying.

He kept saying it's rubbish as the software freezes, and recommended TM-Nano-3T, which he was saying is half the price. Doesn't look like it really but a £80 difference.

What are you thoughts? What is important to me:

- reliability
- remote control feel
- ease of navigation in the menus
- EPG speed, speed of switching channels

Technomate is ugly as **** as well lol.

Id choose the duo2. You can add more tuners in the future, official support for xbmc from vu themselves, very powerful hardware and solid build.

By the way regarding the software freezing, its completely bullshit, they can both run the same software (openvix). So they will both have an easy to use interface, epg etc.

Currently I have the duo and it does exactly what it says without problems so it's definitely reliable, if I had the spare cash I'd buy the duo 2.

good luck with your decision mate :)

The TM Nano 3T is a great box, fast, powerful and reliable.

Cheaper than the Vu Duo 2.

It doesn't look great compared to the Vu Duo 2 lol.

If you want 4 tuners I would look into vu duo 2.

Back