TM Nano SE OR Vu Zero OR Xpeed LX1

rudeboi68

Hello all,

im not new to the cs scene, been with it for over 2 years now.
Currently I have a duo in the living room, a octogon sf8 hd in the bedroom and I'm looking to get a cheap but decent box for the kitchen. I don't want to spend that much as its only going to be used in the kitchen, so budget is under £100.

I have narrowed down my search to a technomate nano se, vu zero and Xpeed LX1. I have been comparing these boxes for a while and they are very similar. Im not sure which one to choose :(

I would just like people's opinions on what they would go for and a reason why.

Thanks in advance!

Rudeboi

p.s: Want genuine vix support as I've always had genuine boxes

Last edited:
vu zero
tm nano se
xspeed lx1

i was going to go for the vu but opted for the nano as a change from vu.

vu zero
tm nano se
xspeed lx1

i was going to go for the vu but opted for the nano as a change from vu.

Oh ok and how are you finding it? My friend has the nano but says it starts to get slow and he has to manually reboot the box from the plug to get it quick again. Do you have any problems like that?

.............or any problems at all?

I have the Nano and to date I haven't noticed any significant issues. Very happy with it, especially at under £100. I've a 128gb usb stick attached for recording and it's working a treat in that department also for the few weeks I've had the box. Definitely worth considering.

I have the Nano and to date I haven't noticed any significant issues. Very happy with it, especially at under £100. I've a 128gb usb stick attached for recording and it's working a treat in that department also for the few weeks I've had the box. Definitely worth considering.

Thank you for your opinion mate much appreciated. Technomate and vu have both been in the market longer than the xspeed. Also I know that both technomate and vu update their drivers often whereas I'm not sure about the xspeed.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the technomate as suggested by both you and cacti

strange one tonight on my tm i lost kodi no idea what happened,as with any box you get correct setting up is most important,got a 1 tb externally powered hdd and usb for epg.if box is getting slow where is epg going?

strange one tonight on my tm i lost kodi no idea what happened,as with any box you get correct setting up is most important,got a 1 tb externally powered hdd and usb for epg.if box is getting slow where is epg going?

Hmmm that's interesting, haven't actually played with the kodi plugins yet so I won't really have a clue lol. When I set up my mates box I got it saved to an external usb flash. So really not sure on that one atm, still confused.

Back