Totally new need help

Notty1975

Hi all new to the forum and looking to replace my sly been looking at an open v8 (mate has one) but the misses wants the whole record while watching thing so been looking at a zgemma s2 read a lot on here that you guy do them yourselves but I don't think I am capable of doing this myself so been looking to get one ready done from flebay at around £140 but concerned if something goes wrong seller won't be available so would you be able to talk an idiot through any probs or recommend a good source for one all really looking for is all sly tv with similar screen set up and new release film any thoughts would be appreciated as money tight and don't want a load of hassle
Thanks all mike

Hi,

Consider getting a XpeedLX2 : Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 HD Enigma 2 Linux PVR (2x DVB-S/S2) Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver they are £109 and are offical boxes for Openvix. As for setting the box up, go to my setup guide, load my image and use the information to finish setting up the box, my guide is here: Xpeed LX2 Setup Guide

It may seem difficult but once you get started its not as hard as you think, buying a setup box from a fleabay seller may come with with a line but if you read around the forum you'll find these lines don't last long and you'll need to know how to load a new line anyway so save yourself a few quid and not get ripped off and purchase your box unsetup and get a decent line from a line provider (Requet a line here: http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...e-pay-server-request-only-october-2015-a.html) plus its always good to learn about your box, if you encounter a problem you'll find it easy to follow advice given by other members.

Last edited:
Sorry to sound dull but what's a line is it the same as a gift they do and no pc just an old lap top running windows 7 would that cause me any problems

Hi,

Consider getting a XpeedLX2 : Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 HD Enigma 2 Linux PVR (2x DVB-S/S2) Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver they are £109 and are offical boxes for Openvix. As for setting the box up, go to my setup guide, load my image and use the information to finish setting up the box, my guide is here: Xpeed LX2 Setup Guide

It may seem difficult but once you get started its not as hard as you think, buying a setup box from a fleabay seller may come with with a line but if you read around the forum you'll find these lines don't last long and you'll need to know how to load a new line anyway so save yourself a few quid and not get ripped off and purchase your box unsetup and get a decent line from a line provider (Requet a line here: http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...e-pay-server-request-only-october-2015-a.html) plus its always good to learn about your box, if you encounter a problem you'll find it easy to follow advice given by other members.

Agree with the above, buy of fleabay and you'll still have to learn how to sort it, might as well do it now and save some £££££'s everything you need is here, along with a lot of helpful folk to help you get sorted.

Sorry to sound dull but what's a line is it the same as a gift they do and no pc just an old lap top running windows 7 would that cause me any problems

A line or "Gift" as they call them on fleabay is something you put in your satbox and it connects to a server that is provided by the person you purchase the line from , this allows the scrambled channels to be unscambled by your box. Don't worry about bandwidth its just basically text so using next to no bandwidth.

If you are serious about this you now need to start looking and searching the forum as everyting you need to know is on the forum, asking questions that have been asked and answered loads of times will just get you ignored.

Go with the above advise Notty1975, it's all good and there is plenty of help about !! ;)

Brilliant thanks all had a look a the x2 box will I need any of the add ons they offer?and would I need a cline or nline

Brilliant thanks all had a look a the x2 box will I need any of the add ons they offer?and would I need a cline or nline

Get OpenVix installed as its FREE :) as for the other options thats upto you if you have a USB stick at home then you don't need a new one but depends on how much recording you plan on doing, a 32gb USB stcik from fleabay is about £5 and that will store plenty of recordings if you delete the recording once you have watched it, or it you record a huge amount of TV and like to keep it for ages then get a HDD.

As for the other options, if you can plug your LX2 into your router via a ethernet cable then just purchase one from fleabay thats long enough to reach your router.

Hi,

Just about to order this box but reading through it it says

Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 HD Enigma 2 Linux PVR (2x DVB-S/S2) Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver

But then it says

Satellite tuner (Expandable)
XPEED LX2 has a built-in satellite tuner with HD support (DVB-S2). Enjoy HD and SD channels, free or encoded from whatever satellite you want. You also have the possbility to insert an extra tuner to record one program while watching another. You can also watch the channel on your TV and stream it to your PC, smartphone or tablet. - See more at: Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 HD Enigma 2 Linux PVR (2x DVB-S/S2) Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver.

So will I be able to watch one and record another with this box or will I need to get an extra tuner bit confused
Thanks all

You can watch one channel while watching another, that box has 2 DVB-S2 tuners, one tuner is built in the other tunner is a add-on card but don't worry it does what you need

Back