Transfer IPTV Recordings to Laptop?

Hi,

i'm new to the website, so i'm sorry if i'm in the wrong section. Anyways, i recently bought a ZGemma i55 with Ipab tv with IPTV Sub. Recording works, but when i plug the External HDD to laptop the usb doesnt show, but its connected? ive told provider and he said, the laptop formats HDD To Fat32 and then the Zgemma i55 reformats to NTFS while intialising. Any help guys? (whoever says change letter drive, or uninstall/update drive, this does not work)
Any Help would be much appreciated, as i got it for this specific reason.
Thanks!

You could use FileZilla to transfer the recordings over , with sat they had a .ts extension (I think) , check the path for recordings on the box setup (eg: media/HDD/movie)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yea just ftp in with the program listed above
Rename it to .mp4
Play it in vlc or plex

Or

Openwebif in go to movie click the floppy disk icon
Name it something and add .mp4 at the end
Play with vlc or plex

yes, sat did use ts. and it showed on usb and was simple. i downloaded filezilla client, but how do i use it? buttons everywhere lol. Do i need the reciever and laptop to be on at same time to transfer recordings over?
Thanks!

Yea just ftp in with the program listed above
Rename it to .mp4
Play it in vlc or plex

Or

Openwebif in go to movie click the floppy disk icon
Name it something and add .mp4 at the end
Play with vlc or plex
I used webopenif and I managed to locate recordings but when I changed the name and added. Mp4 it came up on a white page saying couldn't locate the ts. File. And when I just clicked download, without any name changing it downloaded as a file with no extensions

Your supplier shouldn't be telling you that it will initialise it as NTFS... As standard, your laptop will format it to ntfs (unless you manually tell it to format it as fat32, which will likely need to be formatted as exFAT)...

Your linux e2 received will (if told to initialise) format it as ext3 or ext4... This format is only read by windows if you have a driver installed to be able to read that disk format...

As others have said, easiest thing to do is to ftp in to the box, and transfer it over that way... Or, if you really want to, then download a driver for windows for the ext format...

Your supplier shouldn't be telling you that it will initialise it as NTFS... As standard, your laptop will format it to ntfs (unless you manually tell it to format it as fat32, which will likely need to be formatted as exFAT)...

Your linux e2 received will (if told to initialise) format it as ext3 or ext4... This format is only read by windows if you have a driver installed to be able to read that disk format...

As others have said, easiest thing to do is to ftp in to the box, and transfer it over that way... Or, if you really want to, then download a driver for windows for the ext format...
Yes, well basically I reformatted HDD on laptop, when I intialise on ZGemma I just press the red button it doesn't give option to format to ex3 or ex4. Yes I tried downloading filezilla but I don't have the slightest clue on how to work it lol it says host, password etc... Any instructions?
Thanks for info.

Host = IP address of box, username = root, leave password blank

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

To be honest if you are struggling you maybe ain't tech savvy enough, as it is really easy with lots of options easily found on Google. Kodi, ftp, openwebif, dream player to name 4 off top of my head. But plugging hard drive into pc is NOT one of them. Good luck.

Sent from my S7 Edge using Tapatalk

To be honest if you are struggling you maybe ain't tech savvy enough, as it is really easy with lots of options easily found on Google. Kodi, ftp, openwebif, dream player to name 4 off top of my head. But plugging hard drive into pc is NOT one of them. Good luck.

Sent from my S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Lol, I'm not that good but thanks I've found how to work fikezilla and I've successfully transferred records over.

Back