Tree local council

Deltec 123

Has any boday had to deal with the council over a tree in the way of there satllite dish for signal if so what was the out come could u let me no please I’m thinking of getting cut down my self well getting trimmed any way the same old thing there saying there have no money like a lot of local councils going bankcrupt

My local council won't prune a tree for a satellite line of sight, they only work on a tree that's damaged, diseased or dying. Yours might allow you to employ a tree surgeon at your own expense but I'd definitely check with them first.

Who do I ask dose any boday no to ask on ur local council to cut back trees it looks like I’ll have to pay for it doing any boday no what the law say abaut cutting back trees

They probably have a forestry department, if you send an email to their genetic customer service dept they'll get you in touch with the right people.

It’s in the street it blocking line of sight to the west I can get some one to cut it back but I’ll have to pay for it doing

It’s in the street it blocking line of sight to the west I can get some one to cut it back but I’ll have to pay for it doing
Yes you can pay someone but only if the council allows it. They may or may not allow it and if they did, they'd probably insist on using someone registered with them due to safety concerns

Most councils won't touch trees unless they are a danger. It may be better to mount a bigger dish, higger up the building. I've even saw them put as high up as chimney to get around tree issues. But alot of satellite installers will avoid going on roof

If you are a council tenant you just need to let your Council know that it is blocking out the light to your house/property/room, and that you are always in Darkness (wether you are or not), everyone is entitled to light, and if a tree is blocking this then your council should remove the obstruction, without question. They will have an Arbourer contact to do this.

My dealings with them over trees blocking solar panels and excessive leaves blowing in garden was they didn't do anything. So months later drilled some holes near the base of trunk and put some neat glyphosate based weed killer in holes. Year later it was dead, reported it dangerous and they felled it within 2 weeks. Don't give council your address if you're enquiring, less chance of comeback (my afterthought)

Back