Trouble with Blade BM5000s

Hi guys and girls,

just hoping someone could shed some light on my problem I'm having with my Blade BM5000s.

started up the box yesterday it was all Okay, but today after turning it on all i get is a blue light for 10seconds then a constant red light the box actually never turns on,

today i connected the coax cable to it, but even when that's not plugged in all i get is what i have said above

regards

jamie

Hi mate,

This box didn't give a picture at first and it turned out to be faulty HMDI connection, have a read here here

You will need to connect it to your dish and router, then go into the menus
and download a channel list from blade online or you will just have a blank screen.

Can you get into the menus ?

cheers for the reply,

i did also put a new hdmi cable in the box at the same time as the coax cable,

but it won't even start up, normally it will say starting up when it was working properlly, but now you don't even get that all it does is the blue power led comes on for bout 10seconds then it turns red, tahts all i can do can't even get into the boot menu

regards

jamie

Check the coax cable isn't shorting it out.

Haven't seen it on these but on the F type boxes they used to go into a boot loop,
this may just switch off.

Check non of the outer shielding on the coax is touching the main inner copper core wire.

I would re cut the coax at F connector to make sure.

So I am assuming the box has been working fine ? for how long ?

It happens even if the coax is not in the box, also was working for bout an hour yesterday whilst u had a little look,

regards

jamie

also was working for bout an hour yesterday whilst u had a little look,

Don't know what you mean ?

Not too sure what to suggest to be honest but it does sound like a short somewhere, plug ? power cable ?

If you haven't had it long why not try sending it back to the supplier as faulty ?

Yh on another forum some have said could be faulty psu,

i have ace emailed them, I'm waiting for a reply to see if they will take it back

regards jamie

---------- Post Merged at 08:38 PM ----------

Sorted, Blade messages me back it's called deep standby (need to press power button on the remote for few seconds)

kinda stupid lol

cheers for the help though

regards
jamie

Sound, glad your sorted, if you go into the menus you can
change the standby mode to normal / fake depending on what firmware you are using instead of power saving / real option.

The box boots quicker and responds to the remote better.That should stop it happening again (y)

i have a blade bm5000 and lost all channels how do i get them back

Go on menu and scroll to blade online and download the latest list for your area

All movies and sports are scrambled
are you using the third party firmware with 9991 option.? if its using the official blade firmware then your movies/sports will remain scrambled

Whats the frequency setting forr northwest

i have a blade bm5000 and lost all channels how do i get them back

Go on menu and scroll to blade online and download the latest list for your area

All movies and sports are scrambled
are you using the third party firmware with 9991 option.? if its using the official blade firmware then your movies/sports will remain scrambled

Whats the frequency setting forr northwest
what do you mean whats the frequency setting for the north west ? are referring to satellite or cable ?
if its satellite then there is no frequency setting for the northwest
if its cable then the net id for your area is available on the forum somewhere

Back