trouble with openbox V8s please help!!

but i used to have sky and it worked fine.
i am currently wtyching bt sports 2 and mtv and they work?
surely that means the dish is ok and corect.
IMG_0484.JPG

totally unsure what to do next

sorry

If you have a number of channels working ok then I wouldn't think it's the dish but you never know.
Can you check if sky sports news hq and sky sports 4 are working and tell me the vertical and horizontal settings being shown.

Confused now ?
You say you are watching BT2 but that's a subscription channel,
The quality on sky 1 is very low but you say it worked ok on previous skybox ?

i had the same problem with my mates box, the signal quality should be up over 80%
try adjusting the dish, worked for me.

IMG_0486.JPGIMG_0487.JPGIMG_0488.JPGIMG_0490.JPGIMG_0490.JPG

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 PM ----------

sorry i was meaning that i used to have a proper sky subscription £60 a month and all channels worked fine which makes me think the disk and signal are both fine

Confused now ?
If you are watching BT2 that's a subscription channel .
Signal quality is quite low, mine on that sky 1 channel is 76%

my mates sky+ box worked ok, obviously it has a better tuner in it than the openboxes, i got the ladders out and tweeked his dish a bit and the signal and quality went up and the subscription channels came on. the signal does vary between channels and if it's horizontal or vertical polarization......

yes sorry i can get all bt sport channels and all MTV channels
do you think it is the signal quality then?
i have ordered a no signal fix kit and a new satellite cable so maybe that will help.
but in my eyes if i can get btsport then i should be able to get everything!!

any more ideas ie settings etc?

thanks

Can you try it at a mates house ?
That will either confirm it's the box setup or your dish/lnb if it works ok ?

yes i could try
does anyone think that a no signal kit would help?
maybe just needs a signal boost

if anyone has any other options for me too i am at the stage where i will try anything!!

thanks

The No Signal fix is only to resolve Vertical channel problems when the Horizontal are all ok.
In this case I don't think it would make any difference.

Make sure you have latest firmware and do network upgrade and update channel list that way, I have recently had similar problems and this fixed it. for some reason these boxes don't like usb channel list in my experience after reading many forums and posts.

im struggling with BTSPORT anyone else? I have all other channels but the BTsport? I used to have them but now vanished? Any educated advice?

have done doesnt seem change anything have you a link for a trusted up-to-date list?

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 PM ----------

also should i wipe the box before adding a new one? Or will adding a new one do the job? overwrite existing one etc?

youll get the latest channel list from the skybox channel list section on this forum

before adding do this menu> factory reset> ok on yes> important now press blue> exit out and upgrade channel list

Right not to wade to deep but the same thing happens to me and I discovered there was no power to the lnb. Hope this helps

Back