Trying to add a 2nd Virgin router

Gave my dad a box to put a line on but he isn't getting a good signal over wifi so we had the great idea of buying a 2nd Virgin router as his source is already split where it comes into the house however we can't seem to get any signal to the router - does anyone know how we can configure a second virgin router or is that not possible?

I would have said a virgin router is programmed by vm and adding a second wont work as not programmed.One can add a netgear router or other make and use that for wifi and switch first vm router into modem mode-switches off the wifi.
Others hopefully will name some you can add,or use homeplugs or network switches for more lan ports.

I would have said a virgin router is programmed by vm and adding a second wont work as not programmed.One can add a netgear router or other make and use that for wifi and switch first vm router into modem mode-switches off the wifi.
Others hopefully will name some you can add,or use homeplugs or network switches for more lan ports.

We cant run a network cable from the virgin router as its too far and nowhere to hide it. Are there any routers that accept the co-ax cable that comes into the house?

I only know of the vm ones which cant be adjusted.

Is it a co axial feed you want or a lan feed just to be clear.

Back