Tune failed! When watching

rickc

Hi,

I keep getting "Tune failed!" when watching channels. But then the channel comes back on, then like its a signal issue?

I have tried to switch to tuner B and disable A and vice versa and it still keeps happing. I have 2 sky feeds in to the house, (here when we moved in) but think only one is live?

Happens on free sat too.

I am using ZGEMMASTAR 2S(&H1) VIX 165 12.04.2015 SUCMNSEE

Any ideas would be great, it is driving us mad!

Thanks,

Rick

hi mate ive a s2 its happened to me a couple of times and i just powerd box off a the back then powerd back on both my sat feeds were working fine when this happend,also it mite be worth turning router off then back on ,just a thought mate

Hi s40,
Thanks for the response. Yeah done that quite a few times. Thought it might be cccam server and freezing, but does it on other channels too when it's disabled.

it could be your dish is a little out line as I get this message when the winds blown mine out line.

i never get the message when server freezes or server goes down...it just freezes and black screen

in the menu "sat finder" thats under "service searching" you may see your signal strength, Mines about 80% upwards , I dont no really whats good but when my dish goes outline I get nothing in here ...

Have you disabled freesat? And checked cables going into box?
Yes I have done that.

---------- Post Merged at 07:42 PM ----------

it could be your dish is a little out line as I get this message when the winds blown mine out line.

i never get the message when server freezes or server goes down...it just freezes and black screen

in the menu "sat finder" thats under "service searching" you may see your signal strength, Mines about 80% upwards , I dont no really whats good but when my dish goes outline I get nothing in here ...

Just gone in there and its bouncing around from 61% to 40% with 8.1DB going up to 10DB bouncing around.

Now its just gone down to 0% then back up again??

AGC: Stays at 0% as does BER ?

at the bottom on transponder its on H if i move it to V it gets a better signal? not sure what that is tho?

PS when I get the pop up box saying this my channels never come back on though .....I have to get on top the garage and re line the dish with a sat finder.

it only happens in bad wind ......... the other day iit happen :)

---------- Post Merged at 07:48 PM ----------

im not sure how to read this mate but mines over 80% bouncing high 90s / the dB moving up and down 13db /15db level

---------- Post Merged at 07:51 PM ----------

mine never goes down lower than 80%

---------- Post Merged at 07:55 PM ----------

if you do move the dish ffs be careful! try reaching with a stick or something and only move it a tiny bit .. Millimeters ..just knock it a little !

---------- Post Merged at 07:59 PM ----------

also when you exit the sat finder you may have to wait 10 seconds for the channels to come back on so be patient :) // you do with virgin anyway

Hi,

I keep getting "Tune failed!" when watching channels. But then the channel comes back on, then like its a signal issue?

I have tried to switch to tuner B and disable A and vice versa and it still keeps happing. I have 2 sky feeds in to the house, (here when we moved in) but think only one is live?

Happens on free sat too.

Thanks,

Rick

Sounds like dish is off alignment or lnb is dying. Sat guy SHOULD charge 20-40 to fix.
But to be sure first take f connectors off sat cables and redo ends. Then make sure both cables in tight (gentle) and in correct lnbs.
Use top and bottom.right as u look at back. Lnb directly under other is left empty.

While watching a channel that tune failed comes up hit ok twice. The AGC will say zero on these Boxs but the snr should never go bellow 40 and BBC should be close to 100.
Its not a gift problem

Last edited:
Hi,

Happens on free sat too.

Thanks,

Rick

Sounds like dish is off alignment or lnb is dying. Sat guy SHOULD charge 20-40 to fix.
But to be sure first take f connectors off sat cables and redo ends. Then make sure both cables in tight (gentle) and in correct lnbs.
Use top and bottom.right as u look at back. Lnb directly under other is left empty.

While watching a channel that tune failed comes up hit ok twice. The AGC will say zero on these Boxs but the snr should never go bellow 40 and BBC should be close to 100.
Its not a gift problem

Yes that is how it is connected.

I am now getting zero signal, think its the Lnb.

U can do this urself, but there are incompatible lnbs out there and if alignment isnt perfect u could regularly be trying to fix it.
Imho £40 well spent to get someone to do properly and once. But up to u....

I have a Zegemma h2s with SLYK 1 HD v2.0. I have been receiving tune failed message for a month or so now with Film4 and +1. Re-tunes don't bring it back. I believe Film4 HD is on free view so wondered if I could modify Autobouquets maker to include these but at the moment its set to London\Thames Valley Custom SD only. I am new to these boxes so any help with getting Film 4 and +1 back would be welcome. Thanks

Hi there, please can anyone help. We have had a zgemma box fitted and it struggled over xmas with lots of pixelation and freezing of picture. Now we have nothing as it says tuning failed due to software error and to report the crash log. It keeps trying to restart but that doesn't work. I've switched everything off and back on again multiple times but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Back