Tuner Fail Fault on SF8

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi Guys,
I think I know the answer already, but I am willing to be ridiculed, so will take the chance ;)

The TV was working earlier, but when I came back in a while ago, all channels say "TUNER FAIL". I figure that this may have something to do with either the high winds here, or in fact, the LNB could be fecked.
Is there any tests I can do to make sure that this is the problem before I get someone out to get up on the roof?
All channels have this message, so I am ruling out the server for one. I have taken out the coax and there are no stray copper wires touching the outside, ethernet is lighting up as it should.

What else am I missing??

Quickest way to test is to borrow another box and test with that or if you have a sat meter then use it.
Reaper.

Have neither solution, gave away a skybox just before Christmas, I wonder who would know someone in China for a trial box LOL

I've got boxes but by the time one gets to you, you could buy and install a brand new system.
I always keep a dream500c and a 500s as test boxes for system plus a spare openbox v8 combo to test terrestrial and sat system but my main tool is a £3.75 meter from e-bay.
Nowadays there is no need to put dish up high--put on a pole or side of shed [where mine are] and as long as you have a clear 20ft to soth then dish will be ok and save your old legs from climbing ladders.
Reaper.

any neighbours have a sat dish to try your box on,you dont need lan as freesat will still work.make sure box is still on 28.2

No, I did nothing with it, drinking got in the way. More today!!
I'll try it upstairs, and depending on that, I'll try it in the in-laws. Tomorrow at soonest.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Back