tuner help

baz2011uk

looking to buying a vu duo2 it was going to be a solo2 but i think upgradable tuners is a good thing i am new to this so please tell me if i am wrong

originaly i was looking at just using it as a sat receiver but been advised that cable is also a good way to go
but i am a little confused on the tuner side
dvb c/t/t2 and twin dvb c/t/t2
i thought cable receivers only needed 1 line in to watch and record so why is there a twin available

also if i was to get the duo2 with a twin sat tuner and decide to get a cable tuner as well is it as simple as plug in the cable tuner and off you go after connecting it up and configuring it

sorry if its a dumb question

Twin tuners enable you to watch 1 while recording on the other tuner with single tuner you can only watch/record same channel

i have never had cable so is this the same with cable then also whats a hybrid DVB C/T/T2

sorry if its a simple question just want to get the correct kit first time and have a little understanding of it

no,as live internet connection could be any provider,if you want cable then it has to be vm=upc.
if neither then sat tuners + lan provider.

Lol one thing I have plenty of I have 12tb in my 2 bay nas as upgraded it about 2 months back so have a few 4tb knocking about

jammy fecker by 2 lol,excellent top of the range duo 2 and loads of room for recordings:yes!: hmm even send recordings to nas .

I deal with HDD daily at work so get good deals I did read about recording to a nas and somthink I will look at once I get used to it all

ahh good one so you might be able to do a thread on hdd units to use with these receivers as the amount of people asking what one.

I read somewhere about wd green HDD are best suited I have both wd red and green so good options as a brand i would always trust

Back