tuner lock isues

riktking

hi

thanks in advance.

i have two diff boxes, H2 and h2.s. both of these have the same issue, doesn't matter what software or which way round i set my twin cables up.

the tuner seems to lock to a certain transponder (the one with sky atlantic etc on it)

is this an issue with my LNB? it is an intermittent problem that can take 5 mins or a couple of hours to appear.

im tearing my hair out with this. if it is the LNB ill get a man who can to look at it (and the cabelling) but if not can anyone give any advice?

thanks once again

riktking

Is it happening on 2 different lots of cables or do you only have 1 pair coming from the lnb?

ive only got one set of shotgun cables from the LNB. Problem is my dish is on my chimney stack so its not as if i can get up to it. i had the problem on my original H2 in January so thought the tuner had blown up. so brought a new H2s and all good. until it started hapening again. tried with the latest sucumsee vix and also whoosh atv both come up with the same issue

thanks

Can't imagine both boxes having the exact same fault (although stranger things have happened) so I would guess your lnb is dying slowly. What is your signal strength on bbc1hd if you can access it?

no cos its a twin tuner one of the tuners works. then it locks up and you get the no tuner available. it can completely freeze the box up tho

Perfect signal strength. This is what's baffling. We've never had picture break up (well when it snows but that is another issue)

I would guess its either the cabling (unlikely with the fault being intermittent) or the lnb. Shame you can't access your dish easily to change it yourself

Back