Turn off tuners?

lee989

Hi all

Trying to decide between a VU UNO with the FBC tuner, or a VU DUO with the twin tuner (cable).

One thing i'm concerned about the UNO is that I don't want the box hitting the CS server on all 8 tuners, as i'm assuming the line provider will notice and cancel my sub for using too many tuners. I also know that my other half won't go to the trouble of ensuring that only 2 tuners are in use at any given time and rely on the system warning of conflicts and tuner usage.

So my question is: Can you configure the UNO box's to only allow 2 of the 8 "tuners" (I know they aren't actually 8 tuners, but I don't know what else to call em :P)

Hi all

Trying to decide between a VU UNO with the FBC tuner, or a VU DUO with the twin tuner (cable).

One thing i'm concerned about the UNO is that I don't want the box hitting the CS server on all 8 tuners, as i'm assuming the line provider will notice and cancel my sub for using too many tuners. I also know that my other half won't go to the trouble of ensuring that only 2 tuners are in use at any given time and rely on the system warning of conflicts and tuner usage.

So my question is: Can you configure the UNO box's to only allow 2 of the 8 "tuners" (I know they aren't actually 8 tuners, but I don't know what else to call em :LOL:)

If all 8 tuners are from the same cable box, in this case they are, then no I wouldn't imagine it would cause a problem with the line provider as the line provider only sees how many boxes/ip's are connected to their server. One box sends out only one ip regardless of how many tuners it's using. The uno uses an afbc tuner which in effect is one full band capture tuner which allows you to record up to 8 channels at once.

Last edited:
If all 8 tuners are from the same cable box, in this case they are, then no I wouldn't imagine it would cause a problem with the line provider as the line provider only sees how many boxes/ip's are connected to their server. One box sends out only one ip regardless of how many tuners it's using. The uno uses an afbc tuner which in effect is one full band capture tuner which allows you to record up to 8 channels at once.

Right, i was under the assumption they could detect based on the number of requests, if the average box makes 1 request every 5 seconds per tuner (just for example, i dont know the real numbers) then I presumed the higher request rate would be a red flag. I guess if it worked over a socket connection and all tuners used the same socket then that would be harder (but not impossible) to detect. I guess what you are saying is suppliers rely on you being honest about the number of tuners you use and don't actively monitor it.

Really tempted by the UNO now :grin:

You can turn these virtual tuners on off in tuner config like the seated tuners. Be honest yes and look around. Some won't even take half them enabled at once...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Back