Twin tuner.

Scottd83

Ok so I've been around a few weeks now and I've read a lot lol......there seems to be a lot of support for sky boxes etc but what about other brands? I mean what alternative twin tuners are out there other than vu,dreambox, that work really well? I'm thinking of the alien 2?

sorry for all the questions just doing some homework before I purchase.

try extrend

Sorry didn't explain properly I'm talking about twin tuners that are not exspensive but still do a good job.

if someone has a twin tuner that's not really exspensive and has had a good experience please contact me :)

trouble is people go looking at other boxes but its support on that box,how many forums talk on that box? possibly not many,how many talk about vu? every one is my point,if you run into a problem who can help you out.

trouble is people go looking at other boxes but its support on that box,how many forums talk on that box? possibly not many,how many talk about vu? every one is my point,if you run into a problem who can help you out.

Yes mate i understand that and will probably buy a vu abit later but as I'm new just wanted to know if people use any other ones that do a good job at half the price. Alien 2 anyone no much about it?

this is the problem mate people who buy twin tuners if they have got any sense always buy vu. so that is why there is little help around. although i think octagon are bringing one out you can get a vu duo with 500 gig hardrive for £250.00 now.

i learnt the hard way bought an abcom 9000hd twin tuner,was told it was the mutts nutts cable and sat tuner,changed to 2x sat tuners,picture quality was ace but box crashed every day,others had same problems,loads of images tried,box is long gone and cost me over e500 i think

abcom-9000hd.jpg

the vu solo2 is not a twin tunner. i think that is is called the vu duo 2 or something like that. they are very expensive at the moment i would just stick with the duo although some one might know if there are any huge improvements that justify the extra cost.

solo2 is twin tuner as i have one,duo2 can add multiple tuners if the money in your pocket is deep enough lol,solo2 quickest box starting from off.
duo2 starts from £429 upwards...duo from £209.........solo2 from £289, + you need internal hdd. all from the home of vix wos.

all boxes below are twin tuners.

Last edited:
Back