UHF Aerial

Paul_B

Hey lads

I'm setting up a combi box for my father and need some advice please.

The satellite dish piece I have in hand it's the uhf aerial piece I need some help with.

He currently has a TV feed with about 20 analogue channels (they were called analogue channels when I was tuning in the TV) which plugs directly into the back of the TV. Would this same feed work as the aerial feed or do I need to install a separate uhf aerial?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Yeah should work without out any issues take from tv pop in box. Happy days

sent from meatballs way too expensive gizmo

Yeah should work without out any issues take from tv pop in box. Happy days

I think this could be a UPC analogue feed. Will this work when connected into the box or does it need to go straight into the TV to work?

Just trying to figure out if I actually need an aerial at all?

Doesn't the dish just take over from here. No need for a aerial when using a dish feed

Doesn't the dish just take over from here. No need for a aerial when using a dish feed

I'm in Ireland so you need both terrestrial and satellite feeds to get all of the stations

upc will give you rte1 only by cable as the others are all scrambled,now is the combo box sat and cable/terrestrial as in dvb/t/t2 for saorview as i use a plug in digital aerial

box is sat and saorview only not upc, a cable box working on upc will need an irish cable server=paid line.

box is sat and saorview only not upc, a cable box working on upc will need an irish cable server=paid line.
But it looks to me like he is getting upc at the moment, allbiet the basic upc package. He has channels like sky 1 and mtv, comedy channel so it appears to be a cable line?

he may have a live feed from upc but box has not got a swappable tuner from dvb/c/t/t2 to make use of it.

you cant use your cable feed with the titan

look at that box as it does all 3
Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2

Last edited:
might be better going from an enigma2 box that could run vix,left a link on previous post,your edison would work but who supports it?

might be better going from an enigma2 box that could run vix,left a link on previous post,your edison would work but who supports it?
This box is for my father so I want to keep it as simple as possible. He has no broadband in the house so I doubt he'll ever need enigma2. I was just looking for a box which was easy for him to use.

ahh no bb sucks then ,only use the titan then in freesat and saorview.
But would I not be better off getting a box with Dvb-C as it appears he has a cable feed. Well he has 17 analogue channels anyway, I assume that's a cable feed?

things have changed since many years ago,i thought analogue was switched off years ago and if you had old tv you had to upgrade to digital service or blank screen,can he view those 17 channels with upc or aerial on house?
i have cable tuners and 1 open channel is rte1.[video=youtube;1dmvzlWjHdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmvzlWjHdI[/video]

Last edited:
ahh no bb sucks then ,only use the titan then in freesat and saorview.
But would I not be better off getting a box with Dvb-C as it appears he has a cable feed. Well he has 17 analogue channels anyway, I assume that's a cable feed?

The coax cable comes directly from the wall outlet so I think it is an analogue signal which the TV is decoding with a built in Dvb-C. The TV is a Panasonic TX-40C300B

Back