UPC Lose ITV Channels-Not Good Enough!

axxxo

VIP Member
Quote from UPC Website...

ITV2, ITV3, & ITV4 channels are no longer available

Unfortunately, ITV has withdrawn ITV2, ITV3, & ITV4 from the UPC channel line up, effective from midnight Thursday 31 March 2011 as UPC's carriage agreement with ITV has expired.

ITV was not in a position to renew the current agreement with UPC on any terms. ITV has an exclusive rights arrangement with another Irish channel provider for ITV programming content.
We have tried every effort to keep these channels but unfortunately we have been left with no option but to remove the channels as our contract has expired.

We are very disappointed with this outcome, we recognise that these are popular channels. However many of your favourite ITV programmes will continue to be available on TV3 and 3e. In addition we are planning to launch a number of new channels shortly. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Note: UTV is not affected by this change.

Here is some further helpful information:

Why are customers only finding out now?
The ITV contract expired at midnight Thursday March 31st. UPC was engaged in discussions right up to the last moment in order to continue broadcasting the channels but ITV was unable to agree terms to continue resulting in withdrawing ITV2, ITV3 & ITV4. We sincerely apologise for the short notice and the added inconvenience of disrupting your viewing, however, we would like to reassure you that we expect many of top programmes contained in ITV2, ITV3 & ITV4 to broadcast across TV3 & 3e.

Will these channels be coming back?
No, but we are currently in discussions with a number of other channel providers. We plan to launch a number of new channels very soon.

Will I lose my ITV 2, 3 and 4 Digital+ recordings?
No, you will not lose any of your ITV 2, 3 and 4 Digital+ recordings.

Where can I watch my favourite programmes?
Many of your favourite programmes will continue to be available on UPC and these include the Xtra Factor, American Idol and Britain's got talent on TV3 or 3E. Gossip girl is available on TG4.

Will I lose any more channels?
The removal of ITV 2, 3 and 4 were outside the control of UPC. UPC has no plans to remove any other channels but we are working to replace the ITV channels. We constantly review the channels we offer so we can provide the best quality programmes to our customers.

Not bloody good enough, didnt negotiate hard enough is what i say, bring on sky broadband and your gonners you wan*ers!!!

Back