Upgrade from wooshbuild

gizmofreak

Hi all

I have a H2H which I installed wooshbuild on a while ago when wooshman was support this box with images. I'd now like to upgrade to the latest OpenATV image so I thoght I'd try the following:

1. Download the latest OpenATV image for H2H from zgemma website
2. Backup all settings on H2H
3. Flash new image
4. Restore settings

However step (4) is where I'm having issues. The box is behaving as though it cannot find my backed up settings. Despite the fact that they are present in media/hdd, I have FTP'd into the box and checked, the backup file is where it should be.

Maybe this isn't the right way to upgrade, can someone please shed any light on this?

thanks!!

Guys some additional information. I'm attempting to upgrade from openATV 5.1 to openATV 5.3.

When it comes to restoring settings after flashing to 5.3, all i get is the message 'Sorry no backups found'.

I have also tried 'Advanced restore' which does not make any difference, the system cannot seem to recognise the settings backup made in 5.1.
Thus my only option is to restore my 5.1 image which is a real shame.

Can anyone help?

You could have fun with settings as your backup file may not be named H2S which is what v4.x looks for. You may have to rename the file name for the box to see it.

I have also sent you a PM.

You could have fun with settings as your backup file may not be named H2S which is what v4.x looks for. You may have to rename the file name for the box to see it.

I have also sent you a PM.

Thanks wooshman, i wasn't expecting a reply from you!
Somewhat confused though, the box is a H2H and looking at the backup files made, i made two versions:

1. from Info Panel > Software Manager > Backup Settings (filename = 2016-08-21-enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz)
2. from Setup > Software management > Backup system settings (filename = enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz)

Neither of these filenames contain any reference to H2S.

Apart from that, PM received - thank you.

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 PM ----------

@systemlord
ok thanks for the advice. did you manage to restore your settings in 5.3?

Back