Upgrading from Openbox V8S to Zgemma Star S2

armie79

Ok, a month ago I bought an Openbox V8s which is fine for a beginner starting out as it's cheap and pretty straight forward to hook up (After some great advice on here).

But now I am more confident and use to how it works I am looking to sell that on and move up to the Zgemma Star S2 Twin Tuner so I can record one channel and watch another (Already have a 1TB HD to hook up to it).

Can I ask, is OPEN VIX image the best to install on it? Or should I go for another one?

I am looking to use it for $ky, a media player for my movies and music, youtube etc.

Ideally want the EPG to look as close to $ky's as possible to stop the Mrs bursting my melon lol

Open vix is a good image (have it on 2 boxes myself) Although it is a patched firmware and you cant do update of image directly from the box (not a problem easy done from zgemma site) Open Atv is officially supported and can be updated Have a look at Sucmnsee 165 back up in the Zgemma section That is on Vix only takes about 20mins to set up you can see the skin and epg which is like sky
Hope this helps

Hi mate same as above openvix 166 is by far the best image for a novice as all the hard work is done everything you need is pre-built in the image just need to install your plugins..
The patched openvix Apollo 166 image is the last Apollo image from openvix and are soon to release a new image with new code to disable users from using feeds/plugins in patched or older images.

hi I apologise now if this is not allowed or in the wrong place!!but I am desperate I basically have had a openbox for 2 years now and I have managed to install my gift codes easily,i then herd about the zgemma box and after watching video after video of people showing me how to add my existing code to the new box(I was told my code would work on this new box),I have followed evry stage and have basically got my box free to air channels working and the skin uploaded,I basically need help establishing which type of code I have cline n line ccam?and then the exact layout in which it has to be written into notre so will transfer onton box,
my code is basically c: server.org port user password ,so please does this type of code work and secondly how do I write this into note ?do I miss out the words user pass etc and write what my user and password is or all of the actual words,please please help it was going so well

Back