Upgrading to better box.. but which one ?

NeVeR

I'm new to satellite receivers ... and my 1st box was the openbox V8s.. it's a great little box but it's not what I need.

I'd like a box that has the following.

Dual tuner - so I can watch one station and record another
Hard Drive - I've added an external drive to the openbox and can record.. but would like an internal drive option as well.
EPG - Maybe i'm not doing something right but the EPG on openbox appears to be pretty bad.. all i can see is whats on now and whats on text... also I can't scroll through the EPG while watching the current station ( like normal Sky / UPC ) So a box that had a few days EPG and be able to check whats on other stations while watching a station would be good.
Series record ? - I'm not sure if you can get a box that does this.. .but thought i'd ask.
Record a movie / show - with the openbox when you want to record you have to tell the box how long to record for.. can you get it so the box knows how long the movie / show is and record just that ?

I like how easy the openbox is to update channel lists / add lines.. so i'd like a box that is just as easy.

so what are my best options ?

thanks.

start looking at good boxes that do whats needed,like older vu duo or vu solo2 both twins and can take internal hdd,run vix image ,autoboquetmaker,7 day epg and use timers to record 6 days in advance if needed,if people spend cheap expect limits to what it can do.buy original boxes from wos and dont buy clones,imagine getting that box and not have to do anything for 6 months lol.
i think doing weekly channel dumps drives people mad and oooops bricked my box again issues.

timers on enigma2 boxes can have record once or weekly.

Back