URGNT ! Disable an emulator (xcam)

minstrels

HI im new to all this and my line provider gave me a warning about connecting using different emulators...

(
Connections using different emulators detected. Be sure that your login and password are used for the only receiver. Also be sure that your receiver runs the only emulator.
In case that several emulators are installed, only one of the emulators to have status "Running" with the run type "Auto"!
)

It also says (
It is not allowed to connect to any port using more than one emulator. One (1) connection maximum is allowed per each port. Penalty for violation – 5€. Owners of Openbox receiver and its clones have rather frequent problem when adjuster installs, ex. mgcamd emulator, however he does not disable all other emulators available, ex. xcamclient which is importing mgcamd’ settings and starts connecting to the same ports by itself. As a result, emulators are conflicting with each other and the clients see the picture coming and going. If you use mgcamd emulator with Openbox receiver, delete /var/etc/protect/xcam folder necessarily!

)
I dont know how to do this so please can someone help me out before my account is banned.

Regards.

Last edited:
This is a new one by me, never heard of it. However, you might start by telling us what box you have, how long you have had this line with no problem, are you sure the email comes from your provider? are you running emulators? how have you installed the line - Ccam, mgcam, etc.
If I take the email as gospel, then the man has told you to go to the /var/etc/protect/xcam folder and delete it.
However, the english used tells me it is a foreign line, and you should ask him to explain a little better.
I'll ask one of the resident experts to look in at your thread to see if he can make sense of it, but in the meantime, give us as much info as possible

Openbox is closed source. There's no way you can access the files by FTP to remove or alter anything
I would suggest a factory reset and install the line using CCcam instead of MGCamd
Or, try backing up the abs file to USB and see if it can be edited and the reloaded to the box?
That may make a difference?

Kieron

Last edited:
Openbox don't have /var/etc/protect/xcam. if this is from your provider. then i would look for a new one as he doesn't know what he is talking about. and i think he is after more money from you. get a new provider.

my take on it he only wants one line connected and using his line and the cam he suggests to use ,some boxes might have loads of cams on install but ONLY ONE IN USE-others must not be ticked as it could cause conflictions.

for example

" enigma 2 boxes if using multiple lines for multi sat are advised to keep with one protocol,nlines to use mgcamd and clines to use cccam. "

Last edited:
If you google Xcam for openbox it returns loads of Russian language websites, from what I've translated its an Emulator like WebIF so I personally don't think you have it installed on your box , it could be your line details have been stolen and is been used by someone else so ask your line provider for a new line and login details and to delete the current line

This is just one forum post I found

We present our new version kartsh *** ng client XCAM 2.3 webif.

This version HSAM made ​​on the basis of one of the most popular kartsh *** ng customers - OSCAM version 1.20-unstable_svn build r0 and differs from the previous version 2.2 the presence of the web-interface (in the web-muzzle people).

Attention!! This version does not support XCAM data transfer servers sha *** hectares of newcamD.list !!!

Who is familiar with OSCAM-th, then it will be easy to set up and run XCAM 2.3 webif for him. Just take the finished files and oscam.server oscam.dvbapi, rename them accordingly in hcam.server hcam.dvbapi and then copy both files to a folder from the archive xcam plug (plugun => xcam).

setting

- Fits like a regular plugin.
- After installation, go a long holding down the "Exit" in the plugins section.
- Put him in the car boot red button XcamClient2_WebIF and run it the green button on the remote control.

If you have previously installed Hkam version 2.2 or older, you will immediately see the image on the screen.

XCAM 2.3 configuration through the Web interface

To access the web interface you need internet browser enter http: //^^^^^^^^^^^^
Login: abcd Pass: 1234

Hey guys , thanks for the swift replies !!!!
Anyways , to explain a little more:

I have an openbox v5s
I purchased the lines today so no chance of them being stolen .
SO i got 4 lines which all start like ( CWS = ) and are Newcamd lines
I made a new file called newcamd.list using notepad and popped all the lines into this file.
I then went into mgcamd plug setup and updated the newcamd list file.

installed as per textbook, so shouldn;t be a problem.
was the email sent to a group of people or just you?
It could be a warning to others using multiple cams / boxes

Kieron

Im using **********(not sure if im allowed to post the name)...

The warning showed up in my account page as soon as i entered the lines.
the warning was as follows ( Important!

Serious rules violations detected! Your account may be disabled!
)
and then the other warnings posted above...
Not sure what to do.

---------- Post Merged at 10:48 PM ----------

@cactikid all lines are for 1 box

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove the providers details, its against forum rules mate and yes I agree with cactikid why 4 lines from the same provider, if 1 goes down they all will

Was it a T&C's thing, not really aimed at you but just the line providers rules been emailed out after you purchased?

From what you've written on how you installed the line I can't see any issues :anyonethere:

Last edited:
Was it a T&C's email, not really aimed at you but just the line providers rules been emailed out after you purchased?

From what you've written on how you installed the line I can't see any issues :anyonethere:

Wasnt an email , it was a notice on my account section , telling me that i had used :

• Connections by emulators:
  • 4 - generic
  • 1 - mgcamd

If you don't mind, and if you wish to, forward the email to me, and I will see if I can make head nor tail of it for you -

Last edited:
If you don't mind, and if you wish to, forward the email to me, and I will see if I can make head nor tail of it for you -

Hi wheelo . ( Thanks for not banning me for 1 week :) , il keep it in mind. )

Its not an email , the warning was on myaccount section of the website.
It looks like its definitely aimed at me because it said the connection details , and the requests sent etc.
I dont know what this is :

• Connections by emulators:
  • 4 - generic
  • 1 - mgcamd
SHouldnt all the connections be from mgcamd?
I dont understand what generic is ...

Last edited by a moderator:
remove 3 of the lines so that box just has one active line with correct protocol.

maybe he giving a back up service?

forgot to say check your cams on box and see if more than one is active?

Last edited:
Back