Usb hdd xtrend8000

bow

Morning, trying to get my seagate 1tb usb external hard drive to work shows up on initialisation but gives error when initialising remote i/o error, tried to convert file system says non existent device. Any ideas ps 32gb data traveler shows up and works.

Tried this still no joy, was previously formated in exfat there is a driver to download for exfat not sure what to do when downloaded would I have to then install were would I find the file to install.

Try plugging in to a computer and formatting to FAT32 as large HDD's are normally NTFS, once formatted to FAT32 then plug in to box and try to initialize.

Tried that gmangt4 would only let me format to exfat. In first post I've said there is a plugin driver exfat I've downloaded but not sure what to do now. Do I have to then install the driver if so from were

Plug your drive into your pc, then go to Disk Management in windows, find the disk right click on it, then you can "delete volume" and then create new volume, format to fat32 or ntfs.

You could try using this low level formatting tool, it's free, then add a new volume through windows
it always seems to sort out any dodgy Hdd problems for me.

Then finally initialise it using your box

HTML:
http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/

If it was me, once formatted I would remove from the caddy and install inside the et8000, much better performance.

just an update got the usb hard drive working after a good few hours messing about.thanks for the inputs guys really helped.:yes!:

usb hdd not designed for using with sat/cable boxes as they can burn out your port and have issues later also cannot be fitted inside box .

Back