USB key and external hdd?

Sopryan

I'm wondering do I need to use both. The key to be left in all the time for the epg and updates. And an external hdd for recordings to be turned on and off as I wish. Does the box have to be left on overnight, every night for the epg updates at 5.30. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

Don't need both in box. After you've flashed take out USB and put hdd in and then initialise/mount manager/swapfile etc just follow sucmnsee's instructions (it is vix your using right) can put the box in standby at night with red button on remote,will still update.

Thanks for the replies. Any advice on how long, roughly, start to finish it takes to get box up and running.

Last edited:
With practice a box can be set up in 20mins. My first one took me 12 hours lol

But i rushed and tinkered where i shouldn't have :)

No need to use two drives. Just use the one youre recording to.

Last edited:
So following your instructions carefully, it will take a couple of hours. I can't wait to get stuck into it.

My first box took all evening (6pmish till midnight) then wasn't until I returned from work the next day I completed it.

But a lot of time was spent trying to get my line to work (whilst extremely tired).

Just set one up for my father which took less than 1 hour. Its just a learning curve like everything else.

I have to say it would be in the bin by now if it wasn't for sucmnsee's image.

I've just been given my line. I'll be attempting it this evening. Wish me luck and keep yerselves logged in. I'm sure I'll be needing ye.

Back