usb stick/steaming

MS2857

Hi All
Firstly thanks for all your previous help.
I have two new questions that would help me a lot as a novice.
1) I have a Zgemma H2S. I have purchased a larger USB stick to act as my recording place (124Gb), but when I try to format on my desktop. The option for Fat32 is not there? Only options are ExFat or NTFS. Can I use this stick and if so which setting do I format it to?
2) Can someone send me a link to show how to steam the box to a portable device?

Many thanks in advance.

MS2857

There is a free software called Minitool Partition Wizard Free v9.1 (Google it) that will let you format large disks to Fat32. I used it for the same reason

I have purchased a larger USB stick to act as my recording place (124Gb)

Not saying it is but did you buy this from fleabay or did you get it from a good supplier?

I ask because larger USB sticks on ebay are fake and are forced to look larger than they are. All that happens is that your data becomes corrupt and causes you more problems than with a smaller stick.

If you think it could be fake it will work for a little while until the "real" space fills up and then after that you will start having problems.

Hi Wooshman and Contracts34
Thanks for your responses. Yes I purchased the usb from Ebay and it came from China. How can I check if the USB is a fake before I go to the trouble of following Contract34 idea.?
Also Woosham your build is great and is what I have installed on my box.

Try and transfer a few large video files onto it (40gb+) then try to play them, if its a fake stick the files will end up corrupt and unplayable

Back