User Issues with Update 3.01

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
According to recent entries on the playstation blog, many users are experiencing issues with the latest PS3 update v.3.01. These issues range from freezing up when playing a BR disk to issues with the navigation.

I use my PS3 99% as a media player and 1% for gaming, but when prompted to updated, i foolishly did.
Now, i can still play games, but the interface for media listings is screwed.
What is with the entire listing disappearing except the highlighted item after about 2 seconds?? If i am trying to decide what to watch, i have to be constantly scrolling the list or it disappears. Where is the functionality in that?
Lucky my upstairs PS3 (which is what my kids use for media) hasn’t been updated, as they are 4 and 6, and can only recognize their shows by making out some of the letters in the title. If their lists disappeared… sigh..

So I’ve just updated to 3.01 and now I have absolutely no sound.

So thanks Sony, you’ve just rendered my PS3 completely useless.

Cheers.

Add me to the growing list of 80GB B/C owners whose BluRay drive ever so coincidentally bricked with the 3.01 update.

There are over 600+ replies now involving this update. I am glad that I have been lazy about updating my own. Hopefully $ony will post a new update soon.

Read More Here

I have the launch version of the 80G PS3 and haven't tried a BluRay since updating. Otherwise, i've had no issues. Now i'll have to try a BD and make sure there's no negative effect.

As it is, the PS3 updates have largely been in part to further push their store, site, and fix holes (exploits) that apparently the realm of hackers have missed. Sadly, when plugging some of those holes they neglect the stuff that gamers appreciate.

I enjoy my PS3 but this could be the 2nd or 3rd troublesome update they've issued thus far. :hop mad:

Thanks for posting this Ferguj

I am curently running 3.0 and all seems to be working well, no BD playing issues or sound issues, but now am very leary of updating to 3.01, will just sit tight and see if sony releases and new update.
I use my PS3 for watching blu-rays and almost never play games on it, would be pretty upset if the blu-ray drive stopped working.

Back