Using kodidirect with vlc plugin

kevicr

Hi I just got my box installed a couple of weeks ago and so far so good. TV works with no problems, but the problem is getting my head around tsmedia and kodi direct etc.

Anyway, I installed kodidirect onto the box and added yify hd, I selected a film to watch and it gave the option to watch it with VLC (happy days), so I installed the vlc plugin and went back into the yify hd and proceeded to select play with vlc.

A message popped up saying no vlc server found or something along those lines, so back I went into the vlc plugin on the portal menu and pressed add server and this is were it got technical and left me stumped.

Does anyone have any idea what information I need to put in to set this up and get it running.

Would really appreciate the help. I'm a complete novice willing to learn :grin:

EDIT

I'm learning already, just added BT Sport 1 and 2 HD to the sports bouquet but it has assigned them channel numbers 501 and 502 which is of course sky news etc, it has shunted the news channels up to 503 onwards. Is there a way to assign channels numbers?

Last edited:
To have the ch Nos in order go to

Menu
Setup
Service Searching
AutobouquetsMaker
Providers (set your region)
Then go back one screen and choose start scan

Thanks man, My region takes in ROI and UK and the scan has added all the HD channels in that don't work.

hehe seems that way for me too. Got a few programs to work in TSMedia so its not all bad, thanks for taking time to reply.

Try this for epg

If using sucmnsee vix try this.

Menu

Service service searching*

Auto bequest marker

Providers

I have freest no*

Sky Ireland yes

Sky Ireland Republic of Ireland sd

Sky Ireland generate main bouquet yes

Sky Ireland generate section bouquet no

All rest set to no till sky Ireland rescan every time yes*

Sky UK no*

sky UK sd yes*

Sky UK sd area your region

All rest yes

Prees back go to hide sections go down list tic all Ireland sections apart from sports .

Press back go to providers order set sky UK to top and Ireland bottom*

Press back start scan.

When u press epg you'll see another all channel at bottom of list that'll have satanta there

Back