Using Sky plus box on sky q hybrid lnb

just moved in to a new property and there is a hybrid sky q lnb left behind i connected a sky plus box but it says no signal are all the connections on the hybrid lnb all the same

just moved in to a new property and there is a hybrid sky q lnb left behind i connected a sky plus box but it says no signal are all the connections on the hybrid lnb all the same
I think the hybrid are different connectors to the ones for sky plus hd

If you're not using a subscription card in the box maybe buy an enigma2 box with FBC Tuner but that would be down to budget although it would probably cost same to get someone to install a standard lnb

Is there any other satellite cables running to other rooms in the house If
so plug your sky + up and see if your recieving a signal or lock indicator on the box To prove it is hybrid l.n.b

Hi, I had a sky+ box which was exchanged by sky for a sky q box. The installer also changed the sky + lnb for a sky q lnb. Sky q lnb's only let the sky q signals pass and sky + only let sky + signals pass. I did not realize at the time ,that if I had informed the installer at the time of fitting ,that I still needed a sky + signal for another device in the property he would be obligated to fit a hybrid as standard to prevent my other device from being disconnected. I had to buy a hybrid lnb which passes both signals and fit that in place of the sky q lnb. The hybrid 6 connector lnb looks like any other 6 connector with no hybrid outputs labled. I use all 6 connectors and can change the connections to any and both systems work. I think all the lnb outputs on a hybrid may be universal and are not specific for q or +. In light of what happened to me, I would advise anyone that if you are having a dish fitted ,that you tell sky you use a freesat box in another room and wish to keep the connection for it. Some hybrids can be expensive. The installer may wish to see the freeview box. My friend showed an installer a dreambox and the installer told him he would be reported and the box wasn't even connected.

You can use a freesat box on their dish 28.2 as its none of their business,as you are upgrading to their new sky q the new hybrid lnb is needed to allow for both types of boxes be it sky q in main room and freesat in other rooms.

Installer must be a **** as little is left working on 28.2 with card sharing:(y):

You can use a freesat box on their dish 28.2 as its none of their business,as you are upgrading to their new sky q the new hybrid lnb is needed to allow for both types of boxes be it sky q in main room and freesat in other rooms.

Installer must be a **** as little is left working on 28.2 with card sharing:(y):
Yes it was about 18 months ago when I bought/fitted my hybrid lnb. But could have had a free one if I had a freesat box to hand to show the installer.

Back