Using Zone 1 Sky Minidish to pick up 19.2e and hotbird sats?

wivelden

I have a zone 1 sky mini dish and now I have my box setup perfectly I want to look into using the dish I have to pick up 19.2e and hotbird sats.
What do I have to do to achieve this? I know I will need to add another LNB but I have to replace the one I have or attach another by the side? Would it be better to have a zone 2 dish which is slightly bigger?
Basically exactly what do I need to buy to hook this up to my zGemma box?
Thanks

Is it the eliptical mini dish you have? If it is then I think the easiest way would be to motorise it. Its not the best solution as the eliptical dish is a llittle small and a bit of a pain to mount on a motor. It can be done as I have set one up on pole in the garden and it will pick up 13e, 19e and 28e easy. I don't think they make a monoblock to go between 28e and 19e. 13e and 19e @ 6 deg with a bigger dish and monoblok is do able.

You need at least a 80cm dish for hotbird. if you want 28.2, 19.2 and 13 then you can either add a bar to add the extra 2 lnb's so you can set then to the sat required and use a 4 way disEpC to get your box to switch between the 3 lnbs. Or just motorise the dish.

Thanks for the replies. Didn't really want to go the motorised route. Wanted it to be as cheap as possible. I have found a picture of a bracket that holds the other 2 LNB's. I presume then that I will need to attach a DiSEqC to the wall?

You can normally get an 80cm dish at bootsales or cheap on gumtree etc or borrow from an empty property---motor is about £39-----fit and away you go----very cheap.
Reaper.

You can get a new 80cm Dish around £30 3 single LNB's around £3 each Bracket around £6 and diseqc switch 4/1 for about £5 = £45 plus your time for installing everything

on your dish at present pointed at 28 east you could 'Tape' yes thats correct tape a single LNB to the side and pick up 19.2 east quite easily, you would need a diseqc 2/1 switch.

here is a classic example

DSC01531.jpg

Thank you FreeUK. I did come across that picture and had to laugh at the idea but it works as I have read many people doing that.

Is the lnb in the picture the one that is all 1
and fits inside the arm?
I have the new mk4 octo lnb that fits over the
the arm and thinking that once i mount the octo lnb
for 28.2, if i can just tape my old (all 1 piece lnb )
to side can i run the H2s twin tuner?
28.2 on tuner A, 19.2 on tunner B?

cheers
Byte

Back