V5S freezing and scrambling intermittently

lynx636

Hi there. My V5S has several problems. First of all its difficult to get it all unscrambled upon startup, I usually have to restart a few times and mess with network settings to get it going. Then once its up and running there's are frequent freezes where the screen pixelated slightly for a second or two. Then every 5-10 mins the channel will scramble for about 15 seconds before coming back on.
This is more noticeable during football matches and things that a lot of people would be watching. Which leads me to think this is a problem with my subscription? Is it time I got new one?
Thanks a lot. Sorry for the long post but its getting worse and worse now.

It would seem to me that you have two things going on!
First the start up issue sounds like the problem dealt with here >>> http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=62721

The second does sound like a server problem, contact your provider. With these cheaper boxes, you tend to get more freezing than on the more expensive ones. When I was using a F3, I had terrible problems for a while, yet someone else around here had no problems with the same server on a better box.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk 2

I had the exact same problem with my v5s bought from flea bay. Changed provider and voila....no more problems since.

The person you bought it from is most likely the one providing your channels, trouble with most on ebay is that they oversubscribe. This means because they're supplying so many people it will scramble more often than a decent premium service. Saying that though my dirt cheap ebay one has been great of late. Scrambles once every hour or so for a few seconds but for the price i can happily live with that. Im also using a cheap wifi homeplug which probably doesnt help.

Im over the moon for the price just hope its only now and again it happens and not the end of the month when the boxing is on boxnation .. only got it for that lol . 85 notes and 24 months

i watched a wrestling PPV on mine a couple of weeks back and it froze once for a few seconds during the 3 hour-ish show. wasnt too bad, box office HD worked as well :grin: I find mine scrambles more often on things that a lot of people would be watching such as football matches on a saturday. Due to boxing being in the early hours (usually) you should be alright

Back