v8 golden superhub 3

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
hi guys i know this has been mentioned a few times with v8 golden not working on superhub 3 just wondered if anyone had found a workaround yet because trying to fix a friend up with one etc just spoke to virmin about getting hands on a superbub2 2ac but told they dont send them out anymore etc spoke to tech department about an old superhub 2 i have but told it cannot be reactivated at another property because of mac address etc anyone else can confirm this is true or not or are they just trying to fob me off any help greatly appreciated cheers guys

Can anyone confirm that using the super hub 3 in modem mode and using a 3rd party router will work

If it does that would be a good option, a 3rd party router would not cost the earth.

yeah tried that with 2 different routers connected in modem mode but for me so far no joy just wondered if anyone had been sucessful in this task etc got a superhub 2 with me from previous address but been told i cannot connect and register at another property ???

Can anyone confirm that using the super hub 3 in modem mode and using a 3rd party router will work

If it does that would be a good option, a 3rd party router would not cost the earth.

No, this doesn't work - tried and failed. I also tried changing multiple router settings, creating a guest network and connecting with ethernet, home plugs, wifi, ethernet switch and all yielded the same results unfortunately :(

I told them that that I have some devices which no longer work on my superhub 3 but they worked fine on my old 2AC - I told them that I no longer had the 2AC though and they didn't hesitate to send me one out... this was a few months back though.

Ok cheers ste looks like virmin want everyone on s/h 3 now just a shame they cant activate my old s/h2 do you know another cheap box that works on virmin cable s/h3 without problems ??

I'm sure they would send you the 2AC if you really pushed them - tell them you have devices which work fine on the 2 but now don't on the 3 so they can either send you the 2AC or you'll be looking for a new supplier.

Yeah spent 2 hrs on phone yesterday to various depts and even threatened leaving etc but they were adament no more s/h 2 or 2ac would no longer be sent out , looks like a no go for friend for a v8 golden now unless anything alters or someone finds a way of getting to connect to s/h3

I wouldn't have been satisfied with that - I would have demanded hardware that works with all my devices.

How much is the V8 Golden now - it was around £45 the last time I looked ... you can get a H2.H for under £70 these days so not much difference in price.

Back