V8s Box continual freezing

gary27

Hi all

I have had it with this openbox V8s i have done the firmware twice (updates) ive done the channels more than i care to mention we have upgraded fibre optic broadband and used a ethernet cable direct to the box ( top cable not cheap) and we have changed we changed to a third line provider...And yet the thing still freeze's and im continual having to make adjustments for summer/winter times.....

I want something better than this now with sky interface and easy to manage and can record one channel as we watch another.................

Please can anyone help

Very kind regards
Gary

Whats your budget?
I started off with an openbox (my kids use it now)
I then tried a Zgemma 2s ( which will do what you want it to) £65
I've now gone and bought a even better box a Mut@ant HD2400 Twin tuner, which i must say say is brilliant box, a little pricey at £285 with a 500gb hard drive already fitted.
I suppose it all depends what your budget is and what you want from the box, others will recommend different boxes, just do a bit of research before buying:):)

firmware u update from remote control and all the plugin so u download everything from remote control and ftp your line across

I looked at the Xtrend, very good price. The only reason I didn't buy was because it wasn't in stock and I my money was burning a hole in my pocket [emoji23][emoji23]

Gary your problem was to do with freezing no matter what box you buy its all to do with c/sharing you need to address the problem with freezing before spending anymore money
I have an E2 box but have $ mates running V8s no problems cheap box does what it says on the tin

would also check sat signal strength make sure its not bouncing all over the place will happen if tree is in line with sat dish or signal is low,could be a lnb just giving out to

has 8 lnb and not that old i did have a signal booster on it and it still froze but i do have tree's at the back of the house abd the dish is at the rear of the house.......but NEVER affected the standard skybox

---------- Post Merged at 04:05 PM ----------

and also i want to be able to record one channel and watch another

As said before I wouldn't buy anything yet until you sort your problem out, do you have direct Ethernet feed from router to box, have you tried another line, have you got good internet speed,
latest firmware etc.

Yes latest firmware done not so long ago direct feed from router to box (good cable done research) and yes ive changed lines twice.....

whats fta please

---------- Post Merged at 06:16 PM ----------

got it now
discovery reallity discovery shed sports F1

done (sorry a little slow) but do get there

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 PM ----------

sent email alan

Back