v8s openbox again

hi guys hope ive done the right thing ive bought a v8s open box and a wifi dongle off the bay i know its not the in thing around here but a mate in work got one and really no problems so i went for it, but no gift i know its probably been asked before but been looking at the 3mths gift just to start me off but where is the best place to order them from and do i order before the box is delivered and how does the gift work do they send me a code via email or post sorry for such a dim question, i just hope im up to installing it or and something about downloading updates to a hard drive ive got a 2tb hard drive but my mate said just get a small one just for the updates but like what hes very secretive about it as if its a secret society ,sorry for being so twp {dim} thanks,drive

request line here ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD SATELLITE CCCAM. members will recommend good line providers. you only need a usb stick 4/8 mg for updating
channel lists, flashing etc unless you want to record then I would get a 50md hard drive, make sure formatted to fat 32, you are correct I would only buy a 3 months line first, you can also get a test line for free works for about 24 hrs, get your box first then test line read how to flash your box from tutorials on this site any problems members will help you good luck

thanks for answering my post,sorry for asking if i get a separate usb one for recording and one for flashing do they both have to be formatted to fat 32 or just the one for flashing /updating ,glad ive got a week off work this might take some time im so :sorry::sorry: and do i need a usb stick before i do anything or can the box be set up, as the box is shipped with the latest firmware and channel list that what it says on the listings anyway ,thanks drive

If the box already has a recent channel list, then you probably won't need to update it just yet, but you will eventually need a USB stick, or USB hard drive to update the channel list.

The line will be sent by email. You can either put this in manually, or copy & paste it to notepad & install it by USB.

I use a single 16GB FAT32 USB stick for channel lists, clines & the odd recording with no problems. I also have an ex-laptop NTFS 250GB hard drive in a USB caddy that I also use for recording.

thanks for the reply ,ive looked on youtube on how to format a hard drive so i think i got that sorted ,so if im right once ive formatted the hard drive to fat 32 say i record a film on the hard drive off the openbox i will only be able to watch the film on the openbox i wont be able to take the hard drive out and say watch it through my dvd player or tv or have i got that wrong aswell ,thanks drive

thanks for the reply ,ive looked on youtube on how to format a hard drive so i think i got that sorted ,so if im right once ive formatted the hard drive to fat 32 say i record a film on the hard drive off the openbox i will only be able to watch the film on the openbox i wont be able to take the hard drive out and say watch it through my dvd player or tv or have i got that wrong aswell ,thanks drive

It depends on which formats your DVD player & TV can handle.

The skyboxes/openboxes record .ts files in 1GB chunks. To watch them on a pc I merge them together before playing them in VLC media player.

Have a look at this thread if you need to do this:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/51355-how-get-over-1gb-recorded-files.html

thanks Kremmen,wonder if i can just add it to plex on my laptop and sent it to tv that way, as the openbox is for our bedroom you know whats it like start watching something start falling asleep record it and watch again ,anyway still waiting for my box should have been here yesterday, done the hdd its fat32 now,thanks drive

Back