V8s openbox sky sports box office

leejon123

hello

could someone please give me some freindly advise,i purchased a v8s skybox about 3 weeks ago i tried t watch the tyson fury v kilitchko fight at the weekend but the channel is blank,i have all the other sky sports channels inc boxnation and setanta but the sky sports box office is just blank with black screen,is there anything i can do to get this channel working the main reason i got the box in the first place,any info would be much appreciated,many thanks lee

Try a channel update as sbo frequency changed last week, you'll get them in here sky box channel lists. Cwaites will do you ok

Got the skybox channel list thread in the satellite section, download it to your desktop. Unzip the file, and add it to your usb stick, then do this, put the usb stick in the back of your box
goto menu> scroll to upgrade by sub> ok on this> change file from image to misc> drop own and ok on select and upgrade> ok on TP prog> yellow for read, job done exit out and the box will reboot

Think yourself lucky that fight was the worst ever you saved precious minutes of your life that you would have wasted

You do not need to use the usb key if your box is using the latest firmware, just go to network settings and upgrade channel list over the air via network server. The fight was shown on frequency 12148 H and was available using the Irish updated channel list.
Reaper.

Did they say you would get ppv events some providers will some don't.
Mine only does boxing not wrestling you'll need to ask them what you get

hi reaper thanks for your reply,i have had another look at this matter and if i search on A-Z and search down the S list sky sports pay per view is there and showing the build up to the next event which is on 12/12/2015. but if i go to the sports channel on the main list where all the sports channles are for some reason the ppv is just a black screen,why is this.

Try installjng Cwaites list, I've not had any issues and I'm led to believe that the network update only does Aj's which I am aware some folk using openoboxes are having issues with, hope this helps

Go to openbox 's website download latest firmware (making sure you back up your line) then update it (only openbox boxes) then download the Irish list from update via network as it had the latest channel changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey dj.i just tried to update the channel list by server but it says DOWNLOAD FAILED,does this mean i havnt got the latest firmware installed ?

Back