V8S Update problems.

Helmetbolt

Hi all, I hope there may be someone on here that can help me with a problem I have.

When adding a Cline. I have opened a file on notepad and titled it CCcam.cfg. I have pasted the Clne into the file and put it on a usb stick that has been formatted to fat 32. I put the usb stick into my V8s box then go to menu and select Upgrade by USB -> I get a choice of Image file or Misc file, I have tried both and after entering I check the Info box and either get File not found (In Misc) or File is mismatched (in Image)

Could anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong. I have only had the box a couple of weeks and am a complete novice to this.

Many thanks in advance,

Mick.

When you Saved your file from notepad you need to change file type to all and you need to go to ccam client setup to put you line in or mgcamd plug setup

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 AM ----------

If your going straight to upgrade by usb in the menu then thats for firmware or channel updates
Misc = channel update etc
Image = firmware etc
Thats why your getting the error fil not found

Hi Thanks for the reply,
I had allready saved the file to All. I can't find ccam client or mgcamd plug setup. When I go into network settings they do not show up. All I get is 3 options, Ethernet, WIFI and 3G, They all show as active. I have tried typing 6666 to see if they appear as has been suggested on the net, but to no avail. In the tools menu I get these options: Information, Factory settings, CA Slot Setting, Upgrade by USB (Which is the option I have tried), Dump by USB and Remove USB Safely. I need someone to run me through this like I'm a 5 year old.

Hi Thanks for the reply,
I had allready saved the file to All. I can't find ccam client or mgcamd plug setup. When I go into network settings they do not show up. All I get is 3 options, Ethernet, WIFI and 3G, They all show as active. I have tried typing 6666 to see if they appear as has been suggested on the net, but to no avail. In the tools menu I get these options: Information, Factory settings, CA Slot Setting, Upgrade by USB (Which is the option I have tried), Dump by USB and Remove USB Safely. I need someone to run me through this like I'm a 5 year old.

go to network local setting and before pressing ok on the remote type in 6666. Cmds setup will appear and from there go to CCcam Client Setup and select update by usb, highlight CCcam.cfg, press green button so there's a tick and then the yellow button for it to update. Restart the box and its sorted

when youve done what alimead says you will need to check its activated go back into camdsSetup then ccam client setup then manage config files and press ok on ccam.cfgYou will then see your line like this N: server make sure theres a green tick on itIf there is it will say online if your connected to the server if not highlight the line and And press ok on your remote to put the green tick on it and it may sayNeed reboot then reboot your box.

Back