Vermin - dropping TV from package ("disconnection") - does that mean my "other" cable box with stop?

I called Vermin to get a better deal and they've offered me 50Mb Broadband and Phone only for about half of what I'm on, but say they'll "disconnect" the TV box.

I'm nervous that'll make my ZGemma (CAM) go pop too... and that it's related to them wanting to deliver all their HD channels through new internet boxes before the year is out.

Does anyone know whether it's possible for them to keep providing broadband but stop your TV feed?

Any ideas before I leap into the great unknown would be much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Once you keep a product coming through the cables, all services keep coming through.
What they will do is tell your legit box to stop unscrambling the channels.

Yeah as @ wheelo has just stated if you still continue to use broadband with VM your line connected to the cabinet on the street will remain live therefore no loss of signal to the zgemma so no worries on that front ok :(y):;)

Strangely, I have an email saying someone else replied, saying I'm "buying into a dying system" but come on here and the post seems to have been deleted.

To set whoever it was or anyone else straight, I'm not buying anything, I've already bought some time ago. In fact Sly Sports HD disappeared the day after I renewed my sub.

BUT I'm now paying less for the dying system, knowing it'll go pop at some point - just like the old versions of Nagra and then Sky and the HD channels.

I have IPTV and a VPN as the (current) ultimate back-up too but, heck, times are always changing. Who knows how long they'll last too...?!

Back