Virgin broadband no line rental advice

Gong2011

Hi all
I am currently in the process of getting a box set up and will hopefully be up and running in the next week or so. However my partner is asking whether she could have one for her mums - only prob is she has sly broadband and it is dreadfully slow. I was looking into broadband only packages and came across the Virgin 50mb without line rental (she uses mobile for everything) and it is costing £28.50 per month! Was just wondering if this is a good deal or if there is anything better out there??

Thanks

thats a good deal for vermin. check that its for the full contract period though and not just for the first 6 months. I have talk talk, 15mb, unlimited and only costs £8.50 a month plus £15 compulsory landline but includes weekend and evening calls

Hi all
I am currently in the process of getting a box set up and will hopefully be up and running in the next week or so. However my partner is asking whether she could have one for her mums - only prob is she has sly broadband and it is dreadfully slow. I was looking into broadband only packages and came across the Virgin 50mb without line rental (she uses mobile for everything) and it is costing £28.50 per month! Was just wondering if this is a good deal or if there is anything better out there??

Thanks

What kind of speed is she getting at the moment? You don't need a particularly fast speed for CS. It only up/downloads a small packet of data every 8 seconds. If the broadband is being upgraded only for the CS box, then it might be worth trying it first with her current broadband to see how it goes.

Although the advantage of getting VM (if she's not already connected), is that you then have the option of a cable CS box.

There's a £50 one off charge as well for VM broadband.

Last edited:
I haven't done a test on it but to compare - my mum has the same sky package - broadband, phone and tv all the same specs - in my mums I can download a film at 1mb/s - in my partners mums house it rarely goes above 100kb/s and there is less than 3 miles between each house! She had Virgin in a year or two ago and there was no difference between the two houses (my mum had Virgin at the same time again) - she changed over due to the ridiculous charges they add-on to the bill!!

You can get 100th vs broadband for £18 a month new customer sky I have been told scan their broadband for packets containing their key data don't know how true that is
You can get ready good deals with vm broadband for new customers. My advice would be to get a box that does sat and cable best of both worlds at least you would get hd channels.

Back