1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin media cowboys

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by dangerous, Jan 11, 2018.

1. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

Another quality installation by virgin media, not !!

My neighbour is having some work done and the lads digging up the path have gone through the Virgin media feed to his house. Surely the cable should be protected ?

If the picture it'nt clear the cable was under 1" of dirt then block paving on top of the dirt.[​IMG]

bangord30 and mbull like this.
  2. dexyweescot

dexyweescot Member Forum Supporter

I once had to fix a friends cable as the so called engineers never knew how to fix it. All it was that there had been a join in the cable in the pit and had went rusty. Simple fix to cleanup and put back together. She was without internet for 3 weeks up till I had a look

joe516, wilsock, bangord30 and 2 others like this.
  3. rs500nutter

rs500nutter Member Forum Supporter

20170725_103612.jpg
    This was outside lads property clearly not buried deep enough but at least its got the green weather shield protection on it

4. qasim22

qasim22 TK Veteran

I have seen this kind of dodgy cabling before. cant believe they get away with it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

Unbelievable, if it was in some sort of protective sleeve at least it could of been seen before being chopped with a spade.
    Let's hope virgin fix it quick as my neighbour is fuming and may resort to the wires and telegraph method if nothing is done quick. He paid for installation so he's not impressed at all. [​IMG]

6. qasim22

qasim22 TK Veteran

Looks like an absolute shambles :/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dangerous likes this.
  7. rs500nutter

rs500nutter Member Forum Supporter

Being a good neighbour i hope you offered to jump a conection off your line till its fixed or maybe not lol

bangord30 and dangerous like this.
  8. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Get him to report this to virgin media and they will chase it back through to the contractor responsible

rosie12 and dangerous like this.
  9. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

this is the normal way they always do it, the only time it goes in trunking is when there's a possibility of a spade going through it, through a flower bed etc

if it's under paving, the paving is protection enough according to VM, mine isn't even under the paving, it's run down the joint between rows of paving slabs

dangerous likes this.
  10. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Only reason its not deeper is because they would have used a mole to feed the cable through but should still have checked

rosie12 likes this.