Virmin M TV Package plain s*cks!

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
Really getting annoyed with Virmin now!

I have the M package which is the one just before the large package. Lately Virmin just seem to be moving the channels that I watch the most and onto the Large package!!

First they move the FX channel over to large package. I used to watch American Dad and Family guy on there! Secondly, now this couldn't get any worse after this move! They have decided to move Comedy Central over to the large package!! Now I will be missing F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Two And A Half Men!! This absolutely sucks! Taking away channels that I watch the most!!

dan just use your dreambox to wach them virgin piss me of customer services is shit and tv is shit

dan just use your dreambox to wach them virgin piss me of customer services is shit and tv is shit

I have both the Virgin M Package and the Dreambox in the other room.

The Virmin M Package we had quite a while ago, the other TV wasn't in use so decided to get a dreambox for that.

I totally agree vermin customer service stinks,,been with vermin since t/west days,,1996 or could have been before that, it was that long ago, and my wireless router packed up a week or so ago and went down the local superstore and purchased one.

When I got the router set up it dawned on me to ask vermin if i could have one off them,,,,,the chappy on the end of the line said NO NO NO even though their giving them away free to new customers,,,so for my 16 yrs loyalty as a customer they gave me the middle finger when I asked for a router that at the end of the day remains their property. Proper peed me off, the chap said I wasnt on a wireless package, nevertheless 16 yrs plus as a customer tight gits, Im seriously thinking of knocking them on the head,

I totally agree vermin customer service stinks,,been with vermin since t/west days,,1996 or could have been before that, it was that long ago, and my wireless router packed up a week or so ago and went down the local superstore and purchased one.

When I got the router set up it dawned on me to ask vermin if i could have one off them,,,,,the chappy on the end of the line said NO NO NO even though their giving them away free to new customers,,,so for my 16 yrs loyalty as a customer they gave me the middle finger when I asked for a router that at the end of the day remains their property. Proper peed me off, the chap said I wasnt on a wireless package, nevertheless 16 yrs plus as a customer tight gits, Im seriously thinking of knocking them on the head,

I will join you whenever you go ahead and do that. :)

Gotta tell you PaulG, I wouldn't have taken that off them, I would do alittle research and then tell them that you can get X,Y, and Z from whoever, and that if they don't give you the one thing that you have asked them for in your 16 year relationship, that you will take your business elsewhere. the only thing about this strategy is that you have to be willing to leave them.
I have a friend (hard to believe as that is) who rings Sky up every year and tells them that UPC/NTL will give him whatever discount and they then match the offer and more. For instance, this year his package should have been €120 Per Month (multi room at the highest package) he got them to reduce that to €70.
Sometimes you have to play hardball with them.

@Dan, as for your original post, this would rightly pish me off too, why not try to ring them and barter one for the other, or if not find a cheaper offer from another provider, and threaten to leave. (but be prepared to leave)

@ Dan have you got M or M+, sometimes when you pay the higher price ie add extra tv you get a larger discount so end up paying like £1 extra per month for the extra channels. Unfortunatly it can be a matter of managing to speak to the right person who is willing to help! tell em you got large BB and you want L or xl tv as they have changed channels BUT that your not prepared to pay nay more to upgrade as you pay enough . FX is showing as being on the XL and C C is on the L
the chap said I wasnt on a wireless package
whats that supposed to mean? id ring back and say your confused. I dont have what you might call a wireless package, but i do now have the supahub - which is modem/router all in 1 - i did have to pay a £30 connection fee but do have 30mb BB. My neice had the small black modem that was all in one wireless which was next to her vm box and i think attached to it somehow

Last edited:
Wheelo Ive been down the road of leaving vermin a couple of years ago due to a price issue I had with them,,cancelled my package and went to Buzby went through the process of keeping my same number then at the eleventh hour vermin rang me up and agreed to my demand,,I'm not letting this drop mate will make the call soon to give them a piece of my mind and cancel, and to be honest if they do a u turn then so be it, if they dont well their loss,,theres a lot of good deals going round so f%*$ them,,,,Im not going to go quietly, Will let you know the outcome mate

That's the spirit Paul, though sometimes it is even more effective to do it in their shops, where all their potential customers can hear you complaining (makes them work harder, quicker), unfortunately, I don't know if they have offices/shops on the high street, I know UPC don't over here. All the best in your venture, and do let us know how it goes mate

Boing, boing, Baggies (y)

I don't know if they have offices/shops on the high street,
weve got them in some shopping centres over here but they are as much use as a paper bag when its raining. If you got a problem or want ot change your package or want an install they tell you to "ring the office". All they are interested in in the stores is to sell you a mobile phone contract, or show you what channels you get but they wont actually sign you up to a contract. well not the 2 ive been in in lakeside or bluewater.

Back