Cable Virmin Splitting Help

micah__

Hi guys,

I'm on the verge of buying a H.2H for cable as I have VM broadband. I have searched around the forum regarding installation set up but I am still quite confused regarding the splitting aspect of it.

As far as I am aware I would need to purchase a 5-1000 splitter such as this one, this is where I get confused, I unplug the cable that goes into the router and connect it to the splitter, then I need to buy some more cable to plug into H.2H and router from the splitter?

If this is correct could someone inform me of the type of cable required? I have read I will need an adapter such as this one to connect the cable to the H.2H.

Hopefully someone could inform me, haven't purchased anything yet, trying to get my head around it all first so I don't make any mistakes, I have set up a 2S before however that is nothing to do with cable so this is new to me!

Thanks in advance,
Micah.

This will do fine, Ebay item number 131595338749

Buy 2 one for H2H and one to go to router, that listing is for 1m there is other listing if you need longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will also require an F to Coax adaptor - this changes the connector of the cable to the box to the one used by the H2H. An example item can be found on ebay, item number 371091257442.

You will ultimate have the following:
Virgin Wall socket - Original Cable - Splitter (- One new cable - Superhub) - One new cable to box - F to Coax Adaptor - ZGemma H2H

HI Guys .
Have the H5 and have a stand alone point for virgin . In other room .I can connect directly to the VM socket. I have no other connections needed in this roon is that ok ?

As long as it's an active socket, then all you will need is an F to Coax adaptor (mentioned above) to get the coax to the correct input for the ZGemma.

Back