VM Broadband Keeps Freezing my mgcamd

sadikasim

Hi I have changed to VM broadband and now my cam keeps freezing...

I am using VU+ Duo 2. I have tried restarting the network setting and its still the same.

I have also re flushed my box and no luck still the same.

I have also tried a few test lines to make sure its not the line.
I have check the line on another broadband connection and it works fine.

Can any help?

Thank You

2nd person to post something like this within the last 7 days think virgin are onto something with new customer's

I very much doubt it's anything to do with VM checking on cardsharing in the slightest.

Why don't you SSH into your box, ping the DNS name of your line supplier and check if the ping time increases when the screen freezes?

I very much doubt it's anything to do with VM checking on cardsharing in the slightest.

Why don't you SSH into your box, ping the DNS name of your line supplier and check if the ping time increases when the screen freezes?
Didn't mean checking on card sharing i meant there most prob put something on there system maybe just coincidence but defo second person whos gone to vm lately have posted the same thing

Check which VM area you are in from your bill and then check the VM forum. Loadsa problems in loadsa areas. I ended up ditching mine after 17 years and got BT

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

hi thanks for the reply, everything else seems to be working at home. I have also tried changing from mgcamd to cccam thought it may help, but didn't.
I am using a combe line vm/sly. could it have anything to do with that... will I need to change any setting when using a combe line?

If using the new VM superhub 3 then thats the problem-----they have a faulty asus chipset but vm don't care--best to revert to the hub 2 and all will be well.
Reaper.

If using the new VM superhub 3 then thats the problem-----they have a faulty asus chipset but vm don't care--best to revert to the hub 2 and all will be well.
Reaper.
hi thanks for the reply.... as im new to VM I only have the hub 3... if I was buy another modem will this work, if so what modem could I use.

You can use your own router but you still need the superhub to act in modem mode to provide the connection. Afaik VM are currently offering upgrades to SH3 for older customers and claiming older kit will not work after April this year.

a) may not fix the issue
b) SuperHub 2 may not work at all soon reading from VM upgrade info

SH2 will be around for awhile contrary to belief---it can take speeds up to 200 and there are thousands in use.
Reaper.

You can use your own router but you still need the superhub to act in modem mode to provide the connection. Afaik VM are currently offering upgrades to SH3 for older customers and claiming older kit will not work after April this year.

I'm on a SH2 and nothing has been mentioned to me about needing to get it replaced otherwise I will be without a connection.
As mentioned there are still plenty of SH2's out there.

I think is was just badly worded on the vm site and may just apply to older modems. I will see if I can find the page I read it on.

Back