VM feed but thinking of cancelling TV & Phone - keeping braodband

GreenBhoy

Hi peeps, I've searched around and found similar answers but not exactly what I am looking for. My current setup:
vm with phone, tv & broadband
I need to keep the fibre broadband, but thinking of ditching TV & phone
Will not need TV (as I'm going to get an nline for my zgemma) and never used my phone for about a year.

Router is in my office with a cable connection straight into it
I have a tivo in my lounge which has it's own cable connection also.
I have 2 other connections around my house that also have cable connections where I can successfully plug my Tivo box in and get TV

So... If I get rid of TV will I still be able to use the lounge location for my zemma box with an nline or must I keep even a most basic TV subscription? Or split the office live cable into the lounge?
I'd rather keep the cables the way they are as they suit my needs (router for PC in office) and extra cable in lounge for TV.
If I cancel TV will they disconnect the TV service in my lounge? Or would the feed still be 'live' as I still have broadband?

Your thoughts and advice, as ever, would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, just drop down to a broadband package, any connections you have
in your rooms will stay live and you will be able to run your Zgemma on any of them

As Bees says, I just have the broadband, but be aware the zgemma will also require an internet connection wherever you place it via ethernet.

Many thanks Gents :)

Bees I used your guide to set my ZGemma box up, many thanks!
An gmangt4 I have homeplug/switch for my lounge which sorts out all my Ethernet needs in that location (from the source homeplug on the router).

Many thanks, cancellations here I come ;)

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ----------

And another thought: If ever I wanted to I could presumably rehome my router to any of the cable locations? As they are all effectively live because broadband still continues? right?

I just recently called Virgin to cancel my phone and TV but keep the Internet for the same reasons (to run my zgemma h2).The guy eventually just cut the TV and phone down to minimum and kept the Internet at what it's already been at (vivid 100 I think it's called) and I pay £33.99 per month for 18 months. That is inclusive of all charges, line rental etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back