Vm glitching

Wayne38

Hi all been helping a mate with his virgin it glitches all the time even on free to air channels replaced all splitters and cables ones from screw fix lab tech or lab gear still the same I no its not his line as when I put his line on my box works perfect don't no what else to try any help would be great thanks

can you try your box at his house or visa versa ?

It could be power levels but that would be for someone else to advise as I don't know much about that

if he's on VM BB he needs to check the power levels, on the side or bottom of the router there should be a settings password
type 192.168.0.1 into a browser and click enter, use that password to log into the router
then go to advanced settings
tools>network status> click on downstream tab

need to know the dbmv and snr levels

basically, the dbmv levels go from -6 to +10 higher or lower than this and you need a VM visit
snr levels should be close to 38 ideally, lower than 34.5 and it's a problem

Last edited:
there's nothing wrong with the power levels as such, they all appear to be within the parameters, but I'm not liking the pre and post RS errors, when corrupt data arrives at the router, it's put through error correction so the pre error may be 345 errors and the post error should be significantly lower, usually zero but sometimes just a fraction of what arrived. Yours seem to be the same post errors as pre errors, which means the error correction isn't working or the data packets arriving are beyond repair

Tyred everything I can think of with this issue even took all my cables and splitters from my house to his but still same think it's time to give vm a ring get an engineer out

There is nothing wrong with power levels

I would check your cables and slitters
Maybe a powered splitter

Make sure there is no bad connections

Tyred the cables and splitters even took my cables from my house to his but still same even just hooked up the zgemma on its own no splitters nothing else connected and the free to air glitch and freeze

I had same issue and found it’s always signal strength causing this issue. You need to remove splitters and try direct feed. Check brown box outside as mine had splitter in there I removed one cable so only one remained and that got split further to run my modem and cable box and hey presto all glitching gone. I had two feeds originally one upstairs one downstairs so obviously removed upstairs feed to resolve it. Otherwise as mentioned powered splitter might be answer.

Have you tried reflashing the box?

I had a h4 on atv 6.0 and it was bad
Updated to atv 6.1. Not a flicker

Removed all splitters there is no splitter in brown box all ready checked that flashed box with latest wooshbuild tyred just the zgemma on a direct feed still same took my box to his house mine doing same tyred both boxes at my house both run perfect so I don't no what r these powered splitters

I think it could be something to do with signal strength as a lot of channels especially the hd ones don't come on just a blank screen

Back